• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Timers?

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I don't know about you guys but a good majority of what I do when cooking is time dependent until the end. Of course some things are totally time dependent for the way I cook.

Anyways what apps or timing devices do you guys use?

I have been using a app I got from the Google Play store called Kitchen Timer. It allows for custom titles and to track 3 different times at once.

View media item 496460

I am curious to see what everyone uses.

Smoke On.

Brian

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Brian, pretty cool app with the custom tiles.  Might have to look into that.

I'm kind of old school I guess.  I just use the clock on the wall and write the start time down on a piece of paper.  That with a thermometer is about all I need these days for long cooks/smokes.  For shorter cooks/smokes/grills I'll use the timer that came with my phone accessories.   

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Time. I don't use timers at all. I have tried planning stuff, it all blows up on me.

I start cooking, it's done when I say it's done.

Looks like a great app thou.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Brian, pretty cool app with the custom tiles.  Might have to look into that.

I'm kind of old school I guess.  I just use the clock on the wall and write the start time down on a piece of paper.  That with a thermometer is about all I need these days for long cooks/smokes.  For shorter cooks/smokes/grills I'll use the timer that came with my phone accessories.   
I use to do that but with the big RF smoker I can have alot more stuff going on and I found this and it turned out to be very helpful.

Time. I don't use timers at all. I have tried planning stuff, it all blows up on me.

I start cooking, it's done when I say it's done.

Looks like a great app thou.
Well yeah there is always this method Adam. LOL

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a cool app Brian!

If I have a bunch of stuff that I'm going to smoke, I make out a time log ahead of time that tells me what time each thing needs to go in the smoker to get it done at the right time.

Then I just use my watch to keep track of the time.

Al

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks like a cool app Brian!

If I have a bunch of stuff that I'm going to smoke, I make out a time log ahead of time that tells me what time each thing needs to go in the smoker to get it done at the right time.

Then I just use my watch to keep track of the time.

Al
I still will do this at times but I found that if im entertaining I can loose track of the paper but I don't on my phone so its a win win for me. :yahoo:

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
That looks pretty cool. Not sure what my Wife uses on her phone...I yell out from the kitchen or deck..." Gimme 30 minutes on the Clock! " or whatever needed and she let's me know when times up. For more than one item, I will watch the clock on one and Bev the other. Meat most often is monitored by temp on the MAV. After more than 40 years at the stove, you get a Feel for timing...JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I still will do this at times but I found that if im entertaining I can loose track of the paper but I don't on my phone so its a win win for me.
Your right Brian, things do get hectic when you have a bunch of people over!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.