Timers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I don't know about you guys but a good majority of what I do when cooking is time dependent until the end. Of course some things are totally time dependent for the way I cook.

Anyways what apps or timing devices do you guys use?

I have been using a app I got from the Google Play store called Kitchen Timer. It allows for custom titles and to track 3 different times at once.

View media item 496460

I am curious to see what everyone uses.

Smoke On.

Brian

Reactions: noboundaries
Brian, pretty cool app with the custom tiles.  Might have to look into that.

I'm kind of old school I guess.  I just use the clock on the wall and write the start time down on a piece of paper.  That with a thermometer is about all I need these days for long cooks/smokes.  For shorter cooks/smokes/grills I'll use the timer that came with my phone accessories.   

Time. I don't use timers at all. I have tried planning stuff, it all blows up on me.

I start cooking, it's done when I say it's done.

Looks like a great app thou.

Brian, pretty cool app with the custom tiles.  Might have to look into that.

I'm kind of old school I guess.  I just use the clock on the wall and write the start time down on a piece of paper.  That with a thermometer is about all I need these days for long cooks/smokes.  For shorter cooks/smokes/grills I'll use the timer that came with my phone accessories.   

I use to do that but with the big RF smoker I can have alot more stuff going on and I found this and it turned out to be very helpful.

Time. I don't use timers at all. I have tried planning stuff, it all blows up on me.

I start cooking, it's done when I say it's done.

Looks like a great app thou.

Well yeah there is always this method Adam. LOL

Looks like a cool app Brian!

If I have a bunch of stuff that I'm going to smoke, I make out a time log ahead of time that tells me what time each thing needs to go in the smoker to get it done at the right time.

Then I just use my watch to keep track of the time.

Al

Looks like a cool app Brian!

If I have a bunch of stuff that I'm going to smoke, I make out a time log ahead of time that tells me what time each thing needs to go in the smoker to get it done at the right time.

Then I just use my watch to keep track of the time.

Al

I still will do this at times but I found that if im entertaining I can loose track of the paper but I don't on my phone so its a win win for me. :yahoo:

That looks pretty cool. Not sure what my Wife uses on her phone...I yell out from the kitchen or deck..." Gimme 30 minutes on the Clock! " or whatever needed and she let's me know when times up. For more than one item, I will watch the clock on one and Bev the other. Meat most often is monitored by temp on the MAV. After more than 40 years at the stove, you get a Feel for timing...JJ

I still will do this at times but I found that if im entertaining I can loose track of the paper but I don't on my phone so its a win win for me.
yahoo.gif
Your right Brian, things do get hectic when you have a bunch of people over!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky