Time to test this thing out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Nothing fancy a couple racks of spare ribs. Pulled the membrane and trimmed the fat. Salt pepper garlic on one. Store bought savory spice pearl street plank rub on the other.

Set the Traeger to 225 with cherry pellets. Should be done in 5-6 hours. No foiling no mopping.

6fb8be7e8c4ca96383990115533c150a.jpg

More later!

Smoke away!!!

Not sure what to do for the next several hours. This set it and forget it smoker thing is kind of boring...

Looking good making me hungry and I did Ribs yesterday !!!

Gary

I did a set-it-and-forget-it smoke today, too. But it was chicken leg quarters and only took an hour and a half. I watched football.

Last edited:
Well I just looked at the smoker. Seems to be doing it's job I guess. Temp readout says 225, there's smoke coming out the stack and the fan is running.

Instead of watching your smoker watch some football...

What kind of pellets you using?

Edit: I see cherry pellets! I don't look as dumb as I am...

Last edited:
Ah in a college football guy. I'll watch pro
If the 49ers are playing.

Yep Cherry, seems to be doing it's thing. Smells like smokey things are happening outside.

Ah in a college football guy. I'll watch pro
If the 49ers are playing.

Yep Cherry, seems to be doing it's thing. Smells like smokey things are happening outside.

Yeah real easy to be a college football fan with the ducks! I'm a huge college fan when my rainbows are doing well... We didn't win a single game last year!

Ha, I have endured some pretty bad Duck football over the years!

Okay got the sauce simmering, changed it a bit. Used raw sugar, and cholula instead if Tabasco. Doubled the hot sauce.

Pretty tasty on a potato chip!

Probably will use apple cider vinegar next time.

Looking good Case, but dont get attached to it.

I would hate for you to fall in love with it.         
biggrin.gif

My oldest requested sauced ribs. So I broke the norm and sauces both. The salt pepper garlic ribs got the mustard. The other got store bought Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce.

6ff59e579d8ae5a681871fd9fb763491.jpg

10cdae56d54aecae9724e9193d3a65a9.jpg

527783f35b9ab66c0d77fac0a7779e33.jpg

Won't be long now! Did the bend test prior to saucing and they are close!

Smoke away!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky