Time to go shopping for beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Skidog1

Original poster
Aug 4, 2018
Arvada, Colorado
Safeway has Angus Beef Tenderloin for $9.99 lb. They advertise the whole loin but last time they had this sale I was able to get half a loin for $10.99. They also have wild caught jumbo shrimp for $8 lb with a coupon.

Lucky's Market has Top Round roast for $2.99 lb. If you haven't smoked a Top Round you are missing out on some tender smoked roast beef.

Kroger (King Soopers) has their Simple Truth 91% lean ground beef for $3.99 lb.

Bon Appetite'

I don't eat pork for health reasons so I always watch the sales for Beef, Lamb, Poultry, Fish and Seafood.

LOL!
I don't eat Beef for health reasons. It caused me to have a heart attack.
I loved me some Rib-eye and taters. But it built up a near fatal cholesterol level.
So I tend to eat more Salmon, Chicken, and Pork. ;)

Reactions: Skidog1
LOL!
I don't eat Beef for health reasons. It caused me to have a heart attack.
I loved me some Rib-eye and taters. But it built up a near fatal cholesterol level.
So I tend to eat more Salmon, Chicken, and Pork. ;)
You know isn't it/was that people said Pork was bad for the heart vs beef?

This topic reminds me that for the first time in about 10 years I have to go retail for my beef.
I had a local guy process 1/4-1/2 a cow for me every year. Sadly he is no longer in business and trying 2 other local guys their meat was frankly not good.
Kinda like finding a good mechanic, once you find a good one, painful to go elsewhere.

This topic reminds me that for the first time in about 10 years I have to go retail for my beef.
I had a local guy process 1/4-1/2 a cow for me every year. Sadly he is no longer in business and trying 2 other local guys their meat was frankly not good.
Kinda like finding a good mechanic, once you find a good one, painful to go elsewhere.

Was it the upper half or the bottom half (JK). I wish I had the freezer room. I've found some good cuts at retail for a good price. Just have to browse the ads and determine if the quality is good.

As far as not eating pork, it is not a matter of me not liking pork. It is just that pork doesn't like me. I would love to try a pork tenderloin or country style ribs in my smoker.

Was it the upper half or the bottom half (JK). I wish I had the freezer room. I've found some good cuts at retail for a good price. Just have to browse the ads and determine if the quality is good.
:D Agree on shopping smart. I’m going to head to Costco today and by a hunk of Prime ribeye, about 12 lbs of it and cut it up and vac seal. Heard it was on sale so will head over. May or may not pick up a brisket ....I just get spoiled when getting directly from the farmer, making a phone call and everything vac sealed and labeled. First. World. Problem.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky