Time For A Steak: Blackened Porterhouse (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy cow that looks killer Robert, P.H. are my favorite steaks by far.

Oh, yeah - thank you for sharing your dirt rub recipe. I must be missed it when you originally post it

Appreciate the kind words and you're more than welcome for the recipe. It was buried in a different thread so not surprising you missed it.

Always watching for your next cook to make me humble and hungry :-)

Thank you. Got a few days of bachelorhood coming starting tomorrow so I might just have to get a bit crazy :emoji_wink:

Great looking meal Robert. I too, am now hungry for that meal, especially those potatoes.

Thanks so much Rob. those taters were off the charts good!! We loved them.

Robert

My goodness! You are just awesome at what you do! Great job SMF Nerd

Thank you...I think :emoji_wink: I've had a lot of monikers attached to me but Nerd has never been one of them. Redneck? Hillbilly? Corn fed country boy? Yes to all of those but not nerd.

That's why when Mona's family come out I go a little crazy with the amounts of food

Gotcha and I know what you mean. Might only be the two of us here for the holiday dinners but I will pull out all the stops anyway. Complete overkill but that's what the holidays are for.

Drooling here.

Please don't short out your keyboard and electrocute yourself John :emoji_laughing: Thank you for the kind words however.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Money $$$

Thanks so much!!

Beautiful meal Robert. I love those dirt style rubs on beef.

Thank you Jeff. I liked the Nat The Cat rub but the one I put together just has more depth and more flavor. I do however love the concept of how the dirt rubs work with steaks.

Holy cow that looks killer Robert, P.H. are my favorite steaks by far

You'll not get any arguments from me. I have two more short loin roasts in transit as we speak. That should be n the range of 50# which I hope will get us through the holidays. The premium CPB cuts are in high demand this time of year so I tend to stock up till inventory gets back to normal after the first of the year.

Robert

Man cooked to perfection and love the color from your dirt rub

Thank you. I'm really enjoying that dirt rub on the steaks. Adds a whole different dimension.

I getting ready to make those taters. You just boil them? You roast the garlic?

Yes Brian, I just boil them but do not roast the garlic. Certainly you could though. I add a splash of milk, some heavy cream, sour cream, minced garlic, a little salt, black pepper, and chives. Mix till nice and creamy. This time though I added the jalapenos, cheddar, and bacon also.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Yes Brian, I just boil them but do not roast the garlic. Certainly you could though. I add a splash of milk, some heavy cream, sour cream, minced garlic, a little salt, black pepper, and chives. Mix till nice and creamy. This time though I added the jalapenos, cheddar, and bacon also.

Robert
Sounds good. I just salted couple chuck eye's. than rest over night. Thinking about putting in the SV in morning than char on grill later. Those taters be perfect with it.

Sounds good. I just salted couple chuck eye's. than rest over night. Thinking about putting in the SV in morning than char on grill later. Those taters be perfect with it.

Man Brian, you aren't kidding. That sounds like a fantastic meal. Keep us posted on how it comes out please. I'd love to see the steaks and hear your input on the taters.

Robert

Thank you. I'm really enjoying that dirt rub on the steaks. Adds a whole different dimension.

Robert
I will be doing my dry aged ribeye today. Going see if can make this potato dish to go with. Think they would be perfect for this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky