Time Delay Brisket - The Results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

windlaker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Wind Lake, WI
Thanks everyone for all your help.

I ended up using the method outlined in the attached YouTube link.

• 16 pound brisket. Trimmed, kept it whole (flat and point together). Smoked it to 190˚ (about 9 hours). Oak wood, fire between 230˚ and 250˚.
• Wrapped in butcher paper that was smeared with rendered fat (trimmed from this brisket).
• Put in foil pan, covered, 1/2 cup water in the pan.
• Set oven to 150˚. I figured out that using the "temperature setback" feature, the display still showed 170˚. My grill thermometer inside proved the oven did in fact get down to 150˚. It swung between 135˚ and 165˚-ish throughout the cook.
• Left in oven for about 14 hours.
• 2 hour rest, then sliced.

It was by far the juiciest and most tender I've ever done (I've done probably 20 or so briskets). Tasted great. My only complaint was the smoke ring wasn't the best I've ever had, and the bark wasn't as crispy as ones I've done in the past.

Also had a great breakfast this morning.

Any comments or feedback is always welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_7320.jpeg
    IMG_7320.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7322.jpeg
    IMG_7322.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for sharing. If I had to choose one over the other id choose bite over bark. Nice work.

Reactions: JLeonard
Glad it turned out so well, it looks great. Interesting to have such a low and slow in the oven after the smoke to 190. Bookmarking this!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky