Throwdown Low Country Boil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Low Country Boil that was made for the October 2021 Throwdown.

Started with some fresh cream
20211015_154213.jpg

Whipped up in the Kitchen Aid Mixer on speed 7 for about 20 minutes (photo is part way through)

20211015_155346.jpg

When the solids separate from the whey , the whey is put in a cheese cloth and dipped into cold water to remove the excess whey. The solids are then added back to the mixer with 5 teaspoons of minced garlic, and a blend of Smoked Paprika, Cayenne, Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Granulated Garlic and Parsley.

20211015_170047.jpg

Once all mixed, it's formed into a log or butter stick shape and wrapped in plastic wrap and put in the freezer to set.

20211015_161825.jpg

A large pot of water was brought to a boil and the seasoning blend added to the pot.

20211015_171035.jpg

Because I was using tri colored baby potatoes (red, yellow and blue) I added eggs to the pot as the water was coming to a boil, then the potatoes which take about 15 minutes. The lobster was added with about 10 minutes to go along with the corn and crab legs. At 5 minutes left the crawfish (already cooked) and the sliced Smoked Chicken and Smoked Andouille sausages were added. The shrimp were added (EZ Peel because the shells hold the flavors in) were added in the last 3 minutes.

20211015_144927.jpg

Here's the plate, with the previously made butter, melted and poured over everything and garnished with some fresh parsley (really only for color) Lemons and Limes were added for a bright note. Yes, this photo doesn't have the Ghost Tag added as I took multiples HAHA!

20211015_180639.jpg

Thank you for looking and for all those that voted!

Last edited:
Looks great Charlie. That dish would be welcome at any dinner table(especially mine).

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: kilo charlie
Looks great Charlie. That dish would be welcome at any dinner table(especially mine).

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you! A lot of people are afraid of seafood so it's good to see others who appreciate it!

Reactions: 912smoker
That is a stunning meal KC. Absolutely beautiful. Make no mistake about it, that one caught my eye immediately when I saw it. That'a just my kinda plate right there. Very well done sir.

Robert

That was a great looking platter of good eats!... JJ

That is a stunning meal KC. Absolutely beautiful. Make no mistake about it, that one caught my eye immediately when I saw it. That'a just my kinda plate right there. Very well done sir.

Robert

Thank you ! Eye catching was the plan! Taste matches!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky