Three pound meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
You all may remember the other day I posted that a buddy my son and I ground 40 pounds of too round.
I took out two packs and decided to make meat loaf. The two packs was close to three pounds.
I sautéed half of an onion and half of a red pepper. Let that cool down.
Added the sautéed veggies to the meat along with a small can of diced hatch Chile, two eggs, and a couple tablespoons of Guldens mustard.
shaoed it into a laid and into a grill mat covere grate if the 14 WSM.
Ran the WSM at 285 with KBB, one chunk of cherry and one chunk of pecan.
When the loaf hit an IT of 145 I spread a mixture of Portland Ketchup and Beaver Extra Hot Horseradish on. Pulled the loaf when the IT hit 165f.
Didn’t do any sides I wanted a meatloaf sandwich. Which I had and it was Devine!

C064292A-0D76-44D5-A81D-341915C798DD.jpeg

4298720C-AF1E-418A-BF59-54894BB0AF35.jpeg

91E183FC-D17E-43E0-A5F0-C2F408F9FC9A.jpeg

67F88215-B05E-4CE5-8E01-A9AEE8263FA0.jpeg

D4CFA5D0-02DE-4770-949D-FE84728CA468.jpeg

0514D924-8EEB-49DE-A647-11473E820EEA.jpeg

Dirt, love the meatloaf. But we must have a weird sympatico going, because Portland ketchup and Beaver Brand Extra-hot horseradish are my two favorite condiments right now. Also love the Beaver Brand Extra-hot Chinese mustard. I like it hot, and it's the only one that comes close to the Chinese mustard I make myself.
(When I make Char Sui for friends, they always go to dip, and then pull back and ask me, "Wait, is this your mustard?")

Dirt, love the meatloaf. But we must have a weird sympatico going, because Portland ketchup and Beaver Brand Extra-hot horseradish are my two favorite condiments right now. Also love the Beaver Brand Extra-hot Chinese mustard. I like it hot, and it's the only one that comes close to the Chinese mustard I make myself.
(When I make Char Sui for friends, they always go to dip, and then pull back and ask me, "Wait, is this your mustard?")
Thank you!
Yeah we always have Portland Ketchuo and Beaver extra hot horseradish in our fridge.

Not sure how I missed this Case, especially since it’s on the carousel!

That is one tasty looking smoke! I could always eat a meatloaf sandwich!

Wow...nice meatloaf!

My wife doesn't care for it so my meatloaf is limited to diners and small town cafe's. I wish we were neighbors.

Like!

Thank you All!

Mercy! That is one beautiful loaf.
Jim

Especially the next day fried in a cast iron skillet.

I'm more of cold meatloaf sandwich guy. COurse I could be persuaded with a laddle of gravy served face up with a pile of mashed taters!

Beautiful loaf!

Not sure how I missed this Case, especially since it’s on the carousel!
That is one tasty looking smoke! I could always eat a meatloaf sandwich!

I'm on the last meatloaf sandwich from this loaf. It was super tasty!

Wow...nice meatloaf!

My wife doesn't care for it so my meatloaf is limited to diners and small town cafe's. I wish we were neighbors.

Like!

Mine only eats a slice or two usually so the rest is for me. I'll eat sandwiches for lunch until its gone, which unfortunately is today!

Love a good meatloaf, and yours looks awesome!

Nice meatloaf. Top Round went on sale here about a month ago...$1.88/#...I picked up 4 and plan on doing some grind as well. I've got about 12# of brisket trip fat to put in it...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky