• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

thoughts on this smoker (should I buy)

angerhesmiles

Joined Sep 5, 2017
So I got this random email offering this smoker to me. I'm interested, would use it for my restaurant and upgrade from a reverse flow smoker. It's a Amish built, 2'x2'x1'10"(d) chambers, with a 1'x 6" fire box below each chamber (I'm guessing). Stainless steel. asking price is $1500 delivered. any questions I should ask and any other thoughts would be helpful. Thx

i've already asked the type of stainless, and the thickness of the steel and am waiting for a response.

Attachments

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Will they let you test drive it first? If the test drive works out, that would be an excellent buy.

angerhesmiles

Joined Sep 5, 2017
I won't have the opportunity to go to them, and I doubt they'll bring it to me. Anything you'd suggest I ask?

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I would guess you have to rely on their honesty and ask if they have had successful smokes.

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
If you decide to go for it make sure it's COD. Random email, what seems like a really low price point. Be cautious some things are to good to be true.

Chris

angerhesmiles

Joined Sep 5, 2017
No doubt. Sounds like it was made with the plan to do competitions but as they say, "best laid plans..."
And life got in the way.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.