This Happen To Anyone??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, as said before I’m not a good multitasker! So, was trying to make dinner and Dutch Dutch baked beans!

The beans are no problem, thanks Dutch!

Operator error however was the problem! Made or tried to make some pork CSR’s. Put them on well in advance and at 250* thought… their good…. Well, after a bit… put the beans on! No worries… Ha!

The CSR’s got away from me…. Here’s what I ended up with!

C773D79C-5E08-419C-B44E-6522E22CE72D.jpeg
Toasted! We will make some chili out of them, just not what we planned!

My wife challenged me to post this as it’s beyond a perfect meal… though all will be eaten.

My point is I have good smokes and ones that don’t turn out as I like! This is one! I’m human and flawed!

Thanks for lookin all, appreciate y’all!

Last edited:
I made a mistake once but it was so long ago I can't remember what it was about, since then I reckon I've been just about perfect :emoji_laughing: ! I'm with Ray, I'd have chopped a bunch up and had dinner with a spoon. RAY

It happens to all of us, dried some out last year, had been looking forward to them. Lot of things last year led to low energy and maybe more naps than normal, didn't set my therm up to alert me and fell asleep, they were editable but dry, I hope to learn from my mistakes and I been learning all my life lol.

Reactions: daveomak
Heck at least usually we can do something with our mistakes. That will make some great chili.

Jim

Justin,
Just blame the CSRs. I've made CSRs about 8 different ways.
6 of them were well below Perfect !!
I have more trouble with CSRs than any other Meat !!!
I think it's just the nature of the Beast !!!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Mistakes - what are mistakes!!! Seriously I've made more then my share of blunders, but some have been intentional. Like, my wife will never ask me to cook mushrooms. Why because I've purposely screwed them up numerous times in the past. She also doesn't ask me to do the dishes anymore for the same reason.

Chris

Of course! Been doing it a long time like yourself and still scorch, burn, overcook, even incinerate, every once in a while.
I just laugh and say - Well that was a rookie mistake, guess I'm still a rookie....

Yup been there done that as well. What I tell the newbies that it can happen to all of us no matter how much experience we have.

Warren

If I had a dollar for every mistake I've made I could buy a new car.
I learned from most of them, but not all ;-)
Maybe subconsciously you were wanting to make chili and it wasn't really a mistake?

I was making pork loin burnt end one day and got distracted. By the time I go un-distracted, the burnt ends were almost beyond salvage--talk about tough and dry!!! Naturally, we had company coming for supper, and their son had requested burnt ends. I ended up cooking a batch a few days later, just for him.
Oh well, life happens. To all of us, sooner or later--sometimes repeatedly. At least Roxy enjoyed them. She's not what you could call a picky eater.
Gary

No shame! All just learning experiences...

By the way misery loves company!
This happened just this week and is still freshly "burnt" in my mind.
20210728_190319.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky