thinking about a open country 400 w grinder neet advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dalton

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
this 400w grinder is on sale at sportmans warhouse for 69.99   is it worth buying?  or is there much better for not alot of money?

all help is appreciated

thanks

icon_cool.gif

Now I would like to see this grinder and I could advise you. I would like to know a couple of other things maybe like what the grinder is made of, are the gears plastic or metal. Pictures please.

Open Country 200 Watt Grinder - Introducing our newest food grinder the FG-250SK. This unit offers dependable performance with the power to grind, shred, and fill sausage casings. Perfect for processing Venison and other wild game into sausage, hamburger and other ground meat. The 200 watt motor has plenty of power to grind any type of game. Works great for making jerky or your own sandwich spread, relish, and appetizers.

Large Capacity Hopper
Sausage Stuffing Attachment
Two Grinding Plates (use for fine and coarse)
Stainless Steel Cutting Blade
Food Pusher
200 Watt

there is a pic from ther website.  and the discription as best they offer.  don't know any more about it.  couldn't find much either.  hoping someone will be more familiar with it.

thanks  

well I found a lem # 8 575 watt on craiglist today.  for the $50 price tag I couldn't pass it up.  brought it home tonite and gave it a try. 

I ground up about 3 pounds of hare meat (alaskan rabbits) and mixed it in with about 3 pounds of 80/20 hamburger.  made burgers out of some it tonight and it came out great.  the grinder performed well.  granted it wasn't alot of meat but for the small project I had it worked great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky