Thin boneless chops and corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texasgal81

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Northlake, TX
Had some thin chops sitting in the fridge and some corn on the cob from Kroger. Decided to fire up the Masterbuilt electric and smoke them up. It's been a while so I did a little research on here and realized I needed to brine first. Unfortunately I didn't have apple juice, BUT I had some Austin Eastciders Texas Honey Cider. Threw that in the bag with a few other things (salt, rosemary, garlic) and put it in the fridge for a few hours. Took them out, rinsed them and patted them dry, then covered with some Grub Rub and Buc-ee's Rib rub. Then on the smoker at 240 degrees. Gonna be about an hour or so (to 150)

Then soaked the corn a bit, pulled all the silk off, re-covered with the husks and threw those on the smoker. I didn't butter this time since the husks did not completely cover them.

Will take some more pics when it's done. :icon_biggrin:

Didn't get a plated shot, but here's after I took it off the smoker. The flavor of the chops was a bit off, I think because of the brine, but was better with sauce and I think the corn could have cooked longer. Good overall though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky