These winds though.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Ann and I are staying at Kill Devil Hills NC. And we are under high wind and inshore flooding conditions. These winds are causing big wave and coastal flooding warning.
waves.jpg

Across the street from the hotel. Yikes! Screen shot from the video I wanted to post. But can't for some reason.

Last edited:
Those are huge waves. OBX is one of our favorite places. Hope you are still able to enjoy your trip.

Those are huge waves. OBX is one of our favorite places. Hope you are still able to enjoy your trip.
We're going to Corolla tomorrow instead of today to drive on the beach. And hopefully see the horses. We just did some driving and shopping locally today.

OBX is currently not having great weather unless you're a low level weather channel employee. You're not at the Jim Cantore stage but the high winds make the beach not so fun. We have Sandbridge just a few miles away so I rarely cross the Carolina line. Enjoy what you can!

OBX is currently not having great weather unless you're a low level weather channel employee. You're not at the Jim Cantore stage but the high winds make the beach not so fun. We have Sandbridge just a few miles away so I rarely cross the Carolina line. Enjoy what you can!
Thanks! We are. Today was not a beach day for sure!

Reactions: mr_whipple
Make sure you say hello to the Grave Digger while you're down there Steve. I used to like watching him in the eighties.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H
Steve... Unfortunately I dont think the weather is going to get a whole lot better... There is a Tropical Storm off the east coast.... Gonna hit us here in Fl. Wed night/ Thurs. morning and then turn and head towards y'all....

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Steve I hope you get to enjoy your trip. Nice shot of the waves , but no fun for a beach walk

The winds are very bad up here
I was building a fence and deck for a costumer. It was bad the fence boards
were starting to flip off the pile every once in a while.
No fun, also and we are having a Tropical Cyclone warning until late tomorrow night

We will see how tomorrow goes with the job, lol

David

We are flying from Long Island to Nashville this Friday and supposed to be 26 deg at night down there?

• Wow
Reactions: Steve H
Steve... Unfortunately I dont think the weather is going to get a whole lot better... There is a Tropical Storm off the east coast.... Gonna hit us here in Fl. Wed night/ Thurs. morning and then turn and head towards y'all....
Probably not. We are pulling out Friday with thunderstorms in the forecast.

Steve I hope you get to enjoy your trip. Nice shot of the waves , but no fun for a beach walk

The winds are very bad up here
I was building a fence and deck for a costumer. It was bad the fence boards
were starting to flip off the pile every once in a while.
No fun, also and we are having a Tropical Cyclone warning until late tomorrow night

We will see how tomorrow goes with the job, lol

David
Hope today is better for fence building! They extended the wind warning until 10am this morning. I'm hoping to get out.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky