thermometer help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Joshua Husemann

Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
I am nearing the end of my RF build and have a few questions about thermometers.
1. looking for suggestions on good brand/model thermometers to install in the lid, as well as the best location.
2. looking for suggestions on good brand/model bluetooth wireless multi probe thermometers
3. help with best way to route the probes. I'm thinking the little probe ports for a nice professional finish.

any help and/or suggestions are much appreciated. thanks in advance

I know nothing about RF smokers never mind trying to build one but I can answer your second question:
Inkbird or ThermoPro both make exceptional multiprobe wireless therms.And they're site sponsors to boot.

Glow in the dark Tel Tru on mine
20200222_175749.jpg

I'd go with a Tel-Tru in the door and then go with whatever digital you like the best

Gary

Most guys locate them at or near the middle of the cc lid(s). Keep in mind the thermometer is only capable of reading temps in one spot, but it will serve as a great tool while you learn about your new smoker’s individual quirks.
I highly recommend installing an “eyebrow” above the thermometers to protect them from accidental damage. Some guys use a section of schedule 40 black pipe, Personally, I prefer to form pieces of scrap 3.5“ or 4” tubing to fit the door contour.

Most guys locate them at or near the middle of the cc lid(s). Keep in mind the thermometer is only capable of reading temps in one spot, but it will serve as a great tool while you learn about your new smoker’s individual quirks.
I highly recommend installing an “eyebrow” above the thermometers to protect them from accidental damage. Some guys use a section of schedule 40 black pipe, Personally, I prefer to form pieces of scrap 3.5“ or 4” tubing to fit the door contour.
good idea, I have some of the stock from the smoke stack that will fit the bill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky