Theres a storm brewin for FL Gulf Coast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Checking in. Just wondering if any updates from the Florida group?
Thanks for posting. I've been concerned about a bunch of folks, not the least of whom is Jerry ( pineywoods pineywoods ) If I remember his location correctly from my recent trip to his place for the SMF gathering, he may well have taken a direct hit.

Robert

Stay safe folks, this storm looks really nasty on the tele'.

I just talked to Brian. They are all ok. No power or internet. He's running on generator right now so he might not be on for a bit.
Appreciate the update, Adam, and glad they are ok, though inconvenienced for a bit.

We got lucky it made landfall south and east of us so we didn't get anything other than a nice breeze and some much needed rain. It made a mess of the places it went to from land fall well into GA it wrecked a lot of things there was a lot of tree damage that brought down powerlines, there was structure damage and flooding/tidal surge damage. Some places had little to no damage until the water started rising then they had major problems.

Moved into new house..Closing on my old house was scheduled for yesterday. Got postponed due to storm..Today my old neighbor called to tell me about this..If it wasn't for bad luck..........

20230830_182447.jpg
20230830_182452.jpg
20230830_182509.jpg

Bummer I hope there's not to much damage

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Bad timing there Jax
The part that sucks is they will usually cause more damage removing the tree than actually happens in the fall.
Glad to hear you got through it Jerry.
Not sure where Brian lives, but no internet is not the end of the world (well at least for me). Running a genny for power is good unless the fuel runs out.

Moved into new house..Closing on my old house was scheduled for yesterday. Got postponed due to storm..Today my old neighbor called to tell me about this..If it wasn't for bad luck..........

View attachment 674851View attachment 674853View attachment 674856
Yeah, that sucks bad. A good treeman can likely get it off there with little or no additional damage to the house though. No guarantees, though, we never gave one on jobs like that, but I about never did additional damage on jobs like that over the years.

I've watched the typical Florida work crew. Don't hold your breath.
There are all kinds of crews in FL it depends on what kind you hire. I'm sure Mike will get a good company to do the work if he doesn't know one his insurance company probably does.

We came out fine, got 5” of rain & some gusty winds, but no real damage. Should be able to clean up & put stuff back in about 1/2 hour. Got lucky this time!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky