The Ultimate Mushroom & Swiss Patty Melt (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was kinda thinking a spoon for the pot he made the gravy in before it's added to the meal!

Or I could just make a larger pot and give that to you along with a syringe. Shoot it straight into your veins :emoji_laughing: Be careful though. As you well know good gravy could me more addictive than heroin!!

Robert

Looks delicious Robert. We do hamburger steaks similar. Minus the cheese. Now that I have those 8in CI pans I'm gonna give this a go. Maybe put some crusty bread lining the outside of skillet. Think walls.....more gravy!

Now you're talking Jake!! Make more room for that gravy of course. Like your idea though. The meal you mention sounds almost like an amped up Salisbury Steak, which I absolutely love also.

Have mercy!!!

Man a good stout ciabatta was invented for this recipe!!!!

Thanks so much, and yes, ciabatta is what I used. Bottom of the bun under the burger and the top to soak up the remaining goodies in the skillet.

looks awesome Robert, far from a plain ole burger!

Thank you Jim. Yes sir, I'd say I achieved my objective in coming up wit something other than a "regular" burger as Tracy wanted.

Robert

Holey moley that looks good. Just drooled a bit on my Kindle.

Thanks but you must quit the drooling on the Kindle. It could short out and burn you :emoji_wink: They can also get expensive to replace when moisture damaged.

That looks wonderful!...JJ

Thanks so much Jimmy!!! Appreciate it sir.

Looks fantastic my friend.

Great job and very creative....

The kind words are noted and appreciated my friend. Now up to some of those pizzas you've been turning out, but it filled the void.

Robert

Robert was the burger just a normal burger with SPOG or did you do something to that as well?

Brian, apologies for the delay in responding sir. Life has been a bit crazy the past few days. Those folks that give me my paychecks actually think I'm supposed to do some work to earn them :emoji_laughing:

It was seasoned only with pink Himalayan sea salt about 2 hours in advance, then CBP 30 minutes or so before hitting the grill. The steaks were really think but not large in diameter and actually picked up a really nice background flavor from the bacon.

Robert

Reactions: bmudd14474
All I can say Robert is my wife loves me!

WHOA Ryan!! What in the world do you have going on there? One can only guess it's homemade gravy...and who cares what else is under it :emoji_laughing: That looks REALLY good buddy. Give that loving wife of yours a BIG hug.

I could go for a plate of that right now. Followed by a nap. Looks delicious

I'm 2nd in line behind Jake!! I'm not gonna miss out on this.

Ryan that looks great! You are very lucky! Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't agree more. He's lucky and it does look super good.

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Holy Shoot, Robert!!! That Looks Awesome!
I'm a few days late, but it still looks Outstanding!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Holy Shoot, Robert!!! That Looks Awesome!
I'm a few days late, but it still looks Outstanding!!
Nice Job!

Thanks so much Bear. I truly appreciate it sir. I'm getting bad about showing up to the party late also so don't feel bad buddy. Happens to all of us with the volume of stuff going through the forum these days. Kinda tough to keep up.

Robert

If the word ‘epic’ didn’t already exist, it would have been created for this meal!!! That mushroom gravy...that needs to happen in this house- beautiful!

ANNE!! Nice to see you young lady. How you been doing? Sadly we don't see you often enough these days but sure is nice to see your smiling face once in a while. Thank you for the kind words.

Robert

Bags of Swiss? I like it.

Yep, we are cheese junkies. I have 8 or 10 different cheeses I keep large bags of on hand all the time and several more in lesser quantities. There's probably 40# of cheese here at any given time filling the largest drawers in two different refrigerators.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky