The SNOW thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pintobean

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Frankfort, IL
Damn!  We got about a foot, but you guys got hammered.  Watching the news this morning showing Lake Shore Drive.  What a mess that was last night.  People being rescued on snowmobiles.

Jeez Pinto, I feel for you guys. My son is in Indianapolis and he just called & said the whole city is shut down. He was born in Florida & with this economy had to relocate to Indiana. When I told him it was 84 & sunny here. He told me what I could do with my sunshine.  Heh Heh  
icon_cool.gif

Al

Yeah, still pretty messy around here. I live out in an unicorporated area of town so the roads are still not the best. I took a drive around in my wife's 4x4 earlier and almost ended up in the ditch. Hopefully they get it cleared up a bit more by morning.

Here's a few more pics...

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=IMAG0936.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=IMAG0935.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=IMAG0933.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=IMAG0932.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see how you guys live in those conditions.  A major snowstorm for us is 2 - 3 inches.  Ya'll stay warm and dry and we'll see you in the spring. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I don't see how you guys live in those conditions.  A major snowstorm for us is 2 - 3 inches.  Ya'll stay warm and dry and we'll see you in the spring. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I'm not complaining...I LOVE snow. It's so peaceful after it snows. Everything is quiet, and the trees are beautiful to look at. I just stay off the roads and work from the house. I lived in San Diego for a year (2008-2009) and missed the seasons (as nice as San Diego was!!).

Last edited:
Well I spent 10 hours yesterday digging out at work, home had to wait. We were lucky, we only had 12 inchs or so.

f3586717_DSCF0716.jpg
0ac872a6_DSCF0725.jpg

The weather man said normal snowfall for KC is 12.1" for the entire year... So far this year in January and the storm on Feb 1, we have had 30.1" this year...

I took a lot of pics, but these pretty much sum it all up for me..............

1e8b6140_DSC03090.jpg

15e5d5c4_DSC03057.jpg

18cbff23_DSC03058.jpg

After hours of breaking my back, I decided it was time ti roll out the gasser and cook up some ribeyes
icon_cool.gif

ae31191e_DSC03099.jpg

My wife and I are looking to sell our house in sunny Mesa, Arizona so give me a buzz when you're finally tired of freezing, blowing snow, crashing cars, melting ice, etc...
popcorn.gif

Our last 3 storms, all in the past 2 weeks, have been 12", 14" and 9"- the 9" is the one that dumped so much on most of you folks. Starting tonight and into tomorrow we're predicted to get another 8"-12". The snow banks where I pile the snow when I plow the drive way are 5' high on one side and close to 7' on the other.   

I'm sitting here in South Florida with all the windows and doors open letting th fresh 79 degree air in wondering how you folks put up with that much snow.  Lived in NY for a short time and went thru 8" snows a couple times but can't imagine snow like your pics.

Best money ever spent...this snow blower is a CHAMP!
I recognize that snow blower -- Ariens, self propelled, two stage.  After we got 40 inches here in Maryland last year, I bought one for this season.  So far, we've not had that much.  Worst was 8-12 inches of *VERY* wet snow.  It caused a lot of broken branches in trees all around town.  Snow blower worked great for me.

Thought that these pics would help those that got hit hard feel just a little bit better.

Winter in Russia -

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky