The Smokefire Has Arrived

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Perfect Meat

Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
The Weber Smokefire has arrived. I will be assembling it today. I have already purchased new 5" casters which are due to arrive today. I will try to cook on it this weekend but as it is due to dump snow on us today and tomorrow, it may have to wait until early next week. I have a shelf mod that I will be trying as well. I will post pictures of first cook and mods as soon as I can.

Attachments

• 20200210_175059.jpg
    20200210_175059.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 80
LOL Nice yeah looking forward to a review.

finishedribs.jpg
Not to block u or anything but for mr. perfect meat. The 560 is an awesome machine virtually set it and forget it.. my 1st ribs were freaking awesome on that rig. Imagine my 2nd cook of ribs on it.

Reactions: Will Squared
Not to block u or anything but for mr. perfect meat. The 560 is an awesome machine virtually set it and forget it.. my 1st ribs were freaking awesome on that rig. Imagine my 2nd cook of ribs on it.

Why would you hijack a thread about the Smokefire pellet grill to mention your Masterbuilt charcoal grill? Rude!

Reactions: sawhorseray
One of the cost compromises Weber made with this new grill was to sell it without stainless steel grates. Here is a link to a company that is making stainless steel grates for the EX4 and EX6. These grates are made with 3/8" rods. They should last forever!!!

https://progrates.com/

Seen it first hand at Lowes a few minutes ago, only raised the lid and looked to the bottom, looks to me like the drop from side to middle should have been steeper to make the grease run out faster, I hope you have many great cooks with it and any problems with it can be worked out, its not a bad design but nothing has ever been made that was 100% right out of the gate. keep us posted on how it does.

Seems like the grease would flow and drain by design but, it does not look like anyone took the accumulation of Ash into account. The Grease changes from a liquid to a Flammable Mud that accumulates around the burner...JJ

I upgraded the casters to 5" from the stock 3". The burn in went off without a hitch. We have been dealing with snow here so weather hasn't been cooperative for cooking. I plan to cook today and this weekend. I will post results.

Attachments

• 20200212_201303.jpg
    20200212_201303.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Jabiru
I upgraded the casters to 5" from the stock 3". The burn in went off without a hitch. We have been dealing with snow here so weather hasn't been cooperative for cooking. I plan to cook today and this weekend. I will post results.

Wow, how exciting! I've heard nothing but horror stories about pellets not feeding and grease fires. Good luck, maybe a extinguisher close by would be a good idea. RAY

Disposable Roasting pans, to catch Low and Slow Grease, will be a great addition. For Easy cleanup of grease after steaks or burgers, I am thinking that new DAWN Ultra Powerwash, will make grease removal super fast. Spray on and Wipe away the grease. Rinse food contact sufaces...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky