The Shady world of illegal Oregano

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whoda thunk maybe this is why I like the Mexican oregano better

Who would have ever thought that strawberry and olive leaves taste like oregano? Everyone has margins, I suppose.

Never would have expected this would be happening. But, when you are talking Tons of product, there is a lot of money in cutting with a cheap filler. As mush as possible, I buy Whole Spices as you know what you are getting...JJ

well in the '70's an ounce of oregano was 12-14 from mexico, in the '80's it came from Hawaii and was 50. then from south america n smelled like skunk, only needed 1/4 teaspoon instead of 1 tsp

so i was told,,,, we used minnesota green, it was free

If I'm not using home grow and dried this is what I'm using, Calabrian dried Oregano by Tutto Calabria.

LOL we talking about home grown and cutting product takes me back to my teenage years. :emoji_laughing:
Jim
Isn't that really what rc4u is talking about?
well in the '70's an ounce of oregano was 12-14 from mexico, in the '80's it came from Hawaii and was 50. then from south america n smelled like skunk, only needed 1/4 teaspoon instead of 1 tsp
😵

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
i worked on a turkey farm when 14{before 16 yr old rule inforced} and didnt know that i cut many big u'ns and leaned e'm on fence. PICKED EGGS N they ate it ALL GONE , DAMN TURKEYS LOVED IT.. farm was to send fertile eggs to raiser's. damn Tom's were so in tune, when ya went in to feed they all at same time wen yooddoggllee at every scoop of feed. course the hens ya had to bump with wheelbarrow to move.. ya know i dont remember what the asperities i put the eggs in and had to put powder on em the inspect n put in crates for shipping next morning. ....i really wanted the white Corvair stored in barn.. well next came my first self employed company using my friends to bale hay n put on conveyer to top of barn for several farmers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky