• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

the salty brisket

johno

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 30, 2007
just thought i would tell you guys
i went back to the butchers today where i bought the salty salty brisket from and told him about it ,
he said it was probably brined or corned but the machine the does the lables is playing up and hasnt been printing everything on them . no offer of compensation there .
so i asked what i had to do to get a brisket that hadnt been mucked about with ie as it comes off the beast .
he said i need to ring them and order it when they are breaking down the carcasses or they all go to get corned.
the guy i tractor drive for has 200 cows with calves just being weaned at the moment . i think i need to fix my fences and buy a few weaners and grow my own beef .a lot of fence and not much spare time is the promblemo.
the weather is cooling off so i will kill a few of my pigs next week.

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
I hate to see a good brisket go bad. Maybe try to rinse it out, or possibly soak it for a while.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
If you hay or grain feed a couple, you don't need a bunch of room. Get a purebred black Angus steer, sired by a good registered bull. It's expensive to grain feed them, but if you buy by the ton it's not bad. Best eatin' you'll ever have.

johno

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 30, 2007
tonto i already made a curry with it last week and it was very nice we have a curry dish quite often in the cooler weather thanks.
and gunslinger the cattle where i work are pretty good cattle they are santa x angus, ron the guy i work for has 3 very good angus bulls and one santa x angus bull , and most of the cows are either santa or santa x angus . grain feeding would be no prob i already get my grain by the ton for my pigs , we also grow grain and and lucerne where i work we have about 950 acres of irrigated cultivation most is under centre pivots .
but i would still like to fix the fence so that i can utilse the ground that i have .
i was thinking of some dorper sheep too( no shearing needed with this breed ) goats crossed my mind but they are hard to fence in . not impossible but not easy .
i can get goats easy anyway , one of our hay customers is a goat breeder.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
And I thought Australia was all sand. I really need a vacation.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.