The remains of my first attempt at smoking for a group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, how did it get so big?

I had 4 butts in there, grease spilled out of the drip pan and I had to have the flame on high to keep the temp at 250 and it ignited. Turned off heat, disconnected gas, closed dampers and the flame kept getting bigger. Was next to a building and I decided risking a bigger fire to save meat wasn't worth it so I used the extinguisher. Super bummed

The main thing is that everyone is safe. Meats and smokers can be replaced.

Sucks that it happened though. Is the smoker a goner as well?

The main thing is that everyone is safe. Meats and smokers can be replaced.

Sucks that it happened though. Is the smoker a goner as well?

Yeah, everyone is fine, but it was a major bummer to see everyone so disappointed they didn't get pulled pork.

I just spent an hour cleaning it and I think it will be okay. If it's a loss I'm okay with that because I was looking for an excuse to buy a bigger better offset

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky