The Passing of Annette Lane, Danny Lanes (KC5TPY) Wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK

Rest In Peace Annette

Danny and Annette originally met online but it did not take long for Danny to have packed his bags in Texas and fly to the UK to meet her. Shortly after that they set up home together in Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire, UK.

Danny was the founding member of the SMF UK Group and Annette was the powerhouse behind Danny. She was always there encouraging and supporting him and also, where necessary, keeping him under control. In 2014 Danny decided that the UK Group should have a Smokers Weekend and so they booked a local campsite and several SMF members were encouraged to attend. This was where we first met Danny and Annette, and on a rainy Friday evening huddled under a Gazebo friendships were made. Annette was the perfect hostess ensuring everyone was fed and watered and the first thing that we all remembered was the big beaming smile that was always on her face.

In early May this year Danny and Annette left the UK for America to meet with family and have a vacation. The holiday started well and they visited places from Danny's home country, including OK Corral where Annette commented on how well she felt.

Unfortunately two days later Annette suddenly fell ill and was taken to the hospital where doctors found her kidneys were shutting down, her liver was failing and that she had problems with her heart. Initially they were able to stabilise her condition and move her out of the Emergency Ward where she appeared to be improving and was mobile and eating well. Unfortunately this was not to last, and after only three days she was taken back onto the Emergency Ward, where her condition continued to deteriorate.

Early attempts to arrange an emergency medical flight back to the UK were unsuccessful as she was just too ill to fly, however on the 23rd May 2017 Annette was able to be flown back home where she was taken straight to the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) of a local hospital. Sadly her condition never improved and Danny and her family were at her bedside when she passed away on the 5th May 2017 at 19.00.

This is a very emotional time for all of the family as we can appreciate. Annette was the centre of both Danny's life and the lives of all her family. Annette's son is getting married 22nd July 2017. This is still going ahead but will not be the Happy Day that all the family had planned for. We are sure that Annette will be there with them both in spirit and giving her blessing.

Rest in peace Annette. All of us who had the privilege to have met you know what a wonderful person you were.

Danny, please don't forget that your Smoking friends are here to help you through these distressing times.

Last edited:
Danny my friend. I know how much Miss Annette meant to you. And I can only imagine the pain and loss you must be suffering.

Words alone cannot express the sorrow I feel over her passing. Miss Linda and I send our love and our prayers.

Rest easy Danny. Miss Annette is with the Angels now, watching over you with love in her heart.

Your friend

Gary

SO very sorry Danny.   Sending prayers from my family.  

Danny, so sorry for your loss I can't imagine how you and your family feel, Lots of prayers from all of here in East Texas.

One day at a time my friend

Gary

Praying for you and the family Danny.

Steve thanks for letting us all know about this so we can show our support.

Danny, Annette will be dearly missed by all of us who knew her. It was so sad to follow her progress over the past few weeks with all the hopes and disappointments. As we said in the message that Steve posted - we are here for you when you need us.

Our thoughts are with you

Wade and Joyce.

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you...JJ

Danny, Sorry for your loss..  May you find peace soon...  Loss of a loved one is very difficult at best...   

Dave

I am truly sorry for your loss, dealing with a loss of a loved is the same but very different for everyone. I wish you the best to you and family truly during a difficult time, God Bless and prayers are with you. Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky