• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The New Pit Boss Platinum 5 Series Brunswick Vertical Smoker

RCAlan

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 26, 2018

meskc

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 9, 2009
Not sure i like the magnetic double door. Would be interested to see how the did the water pan and deflector plate.

jcoleman66

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2020
Interested to see the reviews as people purchase. Agree if magnetic lock not sure how good a seal you will get.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks interesting nice looking unit.

Warren

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
98 POUNDS OF PELLETS??? I hope it has a Dump Feature. The Southern Coastal boys would have a HELLUVA mess to scrape out! It does look pretty sweet...JJ

JWFokker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Looks nice. Maybe Lowes will get an updated cabinet too, since I thought the Platinum line was exclusive to Walmart.

GIJOE007

Joined Jul 29, 2021
Interested to see the reviews as people purchase. Agree if magnetic lock not sure how good a seal you will get.
I’m getting the Brunswick tomorrow. I’m hoping there is no damage as I’m also reading folks have been getting them damaged by the shipping company Walmart uses. I will post my delivery outcome with pics

bill1

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 25, 2015
I’m getting the Brunswick tomorrow. I’m hoping there is no damage as I’m also reading folks have been getting them damaged by the shipping company Walmart uses. I will post my delivery outcome with pics
Sorting the reviews in inverse chronological order shows Walmart still has some bugs in their delivery system for this unit. So good luck!
I also note some complaints (which is on PB, not WM) that the design of the side handle is weak considering the bulk of the unit. Perhaps that's something you can add a couple fender washers to on the inside to distribute the load over a bit more sheet metal?
I'm interested in the details of what's on top of the crucible too...any flame deflectors, grease slides, etc. Pics will be appreciated!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.