The NC blizzard of 2014 is here (round 2)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Classic!

th_HaHa7_ani.gif

The news loves to sensationalize the snow. We are getting at max 9-10 inches on Long Island and they are acting like it's the apocalypse. I teach so school is canceled again and I'm home with the little one. Haha at this rate the school year will end around August1st... Wish I had something to smoke!

We are currently at a whopping 37 degs. First time since Jan 30th we've been above freezing. Time to get rid of this foot of snow we have! Were supposed to see mid 60s next week.......I'll believe it when I see it!!!

Last edited:
it`s good to know that weather man is just as incompatant where you live as here and the local media likes to scare everyone with there B.S. just like they do here  remember fox news says not to use your 4wd. in the snow thats what i thought it was for not just to look cool

Only a weatherman can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep his job. They told us we'd be getting 1-2 inches and then had to shovel 8-10 out of the driveway to get to work yesterday morning.

Glad you survived the blizzard Joe...

I lost power for 20+hrs. Luckily I had my Welder hooked up and back fed my panel to keep all the appliances running and the TV...LOL. Could have lost some the meats or at least had to cook it. How dependant we are on electricity....... Before I fired up the generator I did flip a few light switches on in the house by habit.. Duh... Wow we even made national news.... Roads were treturous here.... It always happens. back in 2005.. same thing

I hate it for ya dan.. Thats one thing I dont miss is shoveling snow.... I did see a few people out shoveling snow from their driveways and the the first thing that comes to mind is "Dam yankees"....LOL

They're very nice. I'm putting one in my mother's house this year and mine next year.
This is a industrial set up for the cell towers, I got it at a FEMA garage sale. From what I have seen around here, and there is a bunch here, Kohler seems to lead the way right now with its automatic load switcher which is a Kolher exclusive. It allows the use of a much smaller gen-set by routing and re-routing current to maintain a lower power requirement. They all say they are the same, but they lie. I could do nearly the whole thing with 8KW, 3 freezers, 4 reefers, 2 window units (A/C), and one 240 window unit plus superfluous lights and fans and stuff. With eth 25KW I also get the A/C central unit, the Elevator, the big air compressor, and all outside security lights. And its not even in a bind.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky