The Most Bizarre Ribs I've Ever Done....But Really Good (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice rib plate Robert! I like the looks of that sauce too! Nice work for sure!

The ribs look great and I know the Tater Salad was good as that Garlic Oil and Chile Vinegar go together perfectly in any Salad...JJ

Running a couple days behind with the foillow-up here. Been pretty busy.

I love it when the freezer throws you a curve ball....swing...and a homerun for Robert.....and the crowd goes wild!!!!

Well put Keith, and thanks for the kind words. I was happy with how things turned out, especially not knowing going in what I was cooking.

. I'm gonna smoke up those beef ribs you sent me for Christmas here in the next couple weeks.

WOO HOO!! You're gonna love those things. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Looks like you've got the Weber using the SnS dialed in like a Swiss watch

Appreciate it my friend but that's a bit of a stretch. Still working on getting it dialed in but doing OK with it thus far.

Those ribs look great Robert!

Thank you John. Was a weird cook not knowing what the heck I was cooking :emoji_laughing:

Robert

TXS, Excellent smoke and meal, nice to have some goodies from the SMF gang!

Appreciate it and yes, this was fun having so much stuff to play with that was shared by our SMF friends.

Looks great Robert! Whether they look wierd or not beef ribs are money and you nailed them.

Thank you Jeff. Amazing what can be done with a good thermometer :emoji_wink: Helps a bung to take the guess work out of cooking.

Those ribs look delicious - nice freezer find

Thank you Rich. The meat was good but that rub was money.

Looks really good. That sauce is pretty tasty stuff although I paired it with pork ribs when I had it.

Pork was my first thought also but after tasting it, thee's plenty of depth and richness to the flavor that I thought it'd go well with beef...and it did. Sauce was outstanding.

Robert

Looks like another great meal Robert! Ribs look amazing!

Thank you Ryan. Even an onl blind dog is gonna find a bone once in a while :emoji_wink:

Excellent meal. Love surprise finds in the freezer.

I try to keep mystery meat to a minimum and label it correctly. I kinda missed on this one though.

Man these look good!!

Very much appreciate it Adam. they came out well.

Those beef ribs aren’t weird...they’re money! Thick beef ribs like that don’t exist around here, beef ribs here look like they came off the neighbors cat!

Thanks so much Joe.Not sure about eating cat ribs but each to his own :emoji_laughing: Costco always has thick, meaty chuck short ribs in stock, but boy are they proud of those things. I think they are in the range of $10 a pound.

That potato salad is intriguing. Looks real good, may try it. Seems simple enough for someone like me, lol.

It was an easy salad to make and really good. Kind of a whimsical thing for me but glad I did it. Adds one more to the rotation so we don't eat the same thing every time. Give it a shot. If you don't have the garlic and herb infused olive oil or spicy pepper vinegar shoot me a PM and I'll send you a bottle of each. I make the oil so it's always on hand.

Robert

Surprise surprise turned into a great meal glad you liked the rub.

Thank you Warren but I did not like the rub...I LOVED it. That stuff is really, really good. Can't thank you enough for sharing.

That must have been off the charts Robert. Like!

Was some pretty tasty stuff Steve. Great bark and a nice smoke flavor from the Weber...what's not to love?

Fantastic job on those ribs Robert. UFOs(Unidentified Freezer Objects) can surprisingly be turned into some good eats.

Again, I try hard to minimize the UFO's but have to admit, this made for an intriguing cook not knowing what I was cooking :emoji_anguished:

Fine looking rib there Robert!

Thanks so much Al!! Still thinking I need to try ribs on the rotisserie like you posted a while back. That's a bit part of what made me get the Weber and the rotisserie for it.

Robert

Robert, those look amazing! the whole meal turned out great!

Thank you once again Dave. Was just simple back yard BBQ but it came out well.

Nice rib plate Robert! I like the looks of that sauce too! Nice work for sure!

Thanks so much. The sauce was fantastic. If you can get hands on some I highly recommend it.

Great story & great looking ribs!

Thank you but it was more "Tales From The Crypt" with a happy ending :emoji_wink:

Those look amazing. My mouth was watering just looking at them. Nice job

Very much appreciate it. I started salivating when I sliced that first rib. Couldn't wait to tear into them.

Robert

Some awesome looking beef ribs!

Thanks so much. Beef ribs have pretty much become our favorite.

How did I miss this one? Those ribs look off the chart good! Like the taters.

You didn't miss is Brian. Just running a bit late...kinda like me with my replies. Thank you for the kind words sir. Very much appreciate it.

Just wow! Looks about perfect from here.

Thank you Eddie. they were about as good as any beef ribs I've done before. Was happy with the end result.

Robert

The ribs look great and I know the Tater Salad was good as that Garlic Oil and Chile Vinegar go together perfectly in any Salad

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm getting low on the EVOO so will be making more pretty soon. Keep me posted.....

I bet I would be able to eat at least 1 of them blink blink

Well come on down Richie!! I'll happily set you up with a few to blink at :emoji_laughing:

you did an amazing job with those ribs, they look mouth watering know you enjoyed that meal

Very much appreciate it, and yes we enjoyed the meal. Was nice just to have simple, traditional, back yard BBQ. Kinda hard to beat a simple meal like that.

Robert

If you don't have the garlic and herb infused olive oil or spicy pepper vinegar shoot me a PM and I'll send you a bottle of each.
That's very generous Robert. I do have the Garlic infused olive oil. I also have Rosemary infused olive oil. Had it a few years ago somewhere, and loved it since. I use it on Steaks occasionally, adds a nice flavor to Rubs. I'll check the spicy pepper vinegar and let you know. Thanks very much.

Hahah great cook and great story!
Correct me of I'm wrong but I think what you had there were kinda like baby back beef rights aye? hahaha. They looked awesome, I would love to have that cut off ribs discarded from some ribeyes :)

Looks Mighty Tasty, Robert!!!
Nice amount of meat on Dem Bones, Dem Bones too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky