The mega-fattie experiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
okay, here is the sage recipe:

1 lb ground pork
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon MSG (Accent)
1/8 teaspoon corn surgar

mix very very very well....... with the results off the smoker I might cut back a bit on the crushed red pepper.....but fryed up it's perfect.....just a tad too "hot" for us off the smoker.....
biggrin.gif

Smoked

Looks great! Try building my cheese press on the cheese site bet it'll work great! I might try that for my turkey roll too.

PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

I think you are onto something with the press, should stay together better and uniform shape, size. Pics would be good if it works out.
I'm going to try the recipe, it just looks too good.
SmokyOky mentioned egg rings. I use them when making faux egg McMuffin, they work fine. Spray them with Pam so the egg doesn't stick.
Gonna build me a mega ........................

yea, once you do this mega-fattie with the egg (although mcd's does a poached egg) you will never want to wait for 4 am for them to start serving them again!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

McD's starts serving a 4am? Here they claim to open at 6:00am but they don't. Many a time I drive by on my way to work and it's stills locked up!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

It's hard for me to believe that any of the fine epicureans that post about gourmet delights on this website would have any knowledge at all of a place called Mc Donalds.
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Tim

The cheese press would be perfect for slicing up between two slices of regular bread! That fattie looks awesome, especially as I sit here sipping tea, it would go perfect with it! Did you put ketchup on it?
I wonder if you could also hold it together with cheesecloth? It wouldn't hinder the smoke but it would hold it together...You could tie off the ends.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky