The Learning Curve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

photofinishron

Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Ok, So I've been trying to smoke meat for a couple of years now and have done some fair;y decent jobs but never gotten what I wanted.  Thanks to this site and the info here I finally got it right.  Last Pork Butt I smoked turned out just perfect!.

The learning curve on my own was rather steep!  

The learning curve after joining up here was about one pork butt!  WOOHOO!

Ron

I hear ya. My indoor and outdoor cooking skills are pretty good. I struggled with the smoking thing.

Today I am getting very happy with what I have learned here.

Not only that but I ran into Pops, a friend from 3rd grade on. Several have helped me thru

a few issues. Many thanks to Bear. My bacon is now outstanding.

In the end I have about $400 bucks in the new habit and am only lacking a stuffer.

Well..that and a few more smokers.

Thanks Jeff for making an awesome site!!

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Ron to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. Now if you are really new I would recommend signing up for the E-course It's free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few good techniques too. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Welcome to SMF. Im glad that you decided to join us. Great folks here.

Well looks like I did the original post in the wrong forum... Oh Well!

Have done pulled Pork and a brisket that was really pulled beef!  Awesome!  

Ron

Welcome Ron

I would have to agree, that the learning curve is greatly reduced by the wonderful members of this forum.

Everyone is so eager to help.

Welcome to SMF Ron.

Great site with great people to help with any question. Good Luck and Happy Smokin'.

Welcome Ron and I have to agree. I got lucky because I was referred to this site, from a boating and fishing forum, before I started smoking. I was able

to do a lot of research and take the E-Course (do that if you haven't already) before attempting my first smoke. So far everything has been beyond my expectations!  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ribs and a Fattie this weekend.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky