The hottest chili pepper in the world is??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 13, 2006
North East
Red Savina Habanero.. The "Red Savina™" Habanero (PVP 9200255) has been tested at over 577,000 Scoville units! That is over 50 times hotter than the common Jalapeño. The Red Savina Habanero is listed in the "Guiness Book Of World Records" as the world's hottest Chile Pepper.

http://ushotstuff.com/worldshottestchile.htm

Joe

now if I can find them near by.. I'd be curious as to what the taste would be after the burn?

I thought it was scotch bonnet myself.. until I did some research .. the scoville scale heat index of a habanero and the scotch bonnet are just about equil at about 150,000 to 325,000 on the scoville scale. the Red Savina Habanero is 350,000 to 577,000 on the Scoville scale.
This is a handy link of the Scoville chart for hot peppers.

http://www.thescarms.com/hotstuff/pepperfacts.htm

Joe

I grew Habanero's a few years ago and they grew well .. I may try growing a few red sovina plants next year .. I have to wear plastic gloves cause it never fails I get an eye itch and well .. you know

Joe

For those of you who make their own hot sauce, there is a guy on the web that selld Savina mash in 5 gal buckets. I asked him if he had any smaller quantities and he said he was going to start selling it in quart size containers in October. I will be getting some of it for sure.

BTW, I remember hearing somewhere that Red Savinas cannot be used commercially.. I don't remember if it's a law or it's some type of unwritten thing that chili heads abide by...

Anyway, the guys web address is: Wildpepper

Greetings from tucson redneck and all, from what I understand the red savinaÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] is a bio engineered plant and has a patent on it and that is why it can't be repackaged and sold without consent of the patent holder. I may be misinformed but that's my 2¢

Thanks Michelle for the link .. once you get by the burn the pepper has a great flavor .. My Mom, brothers and sisters don't like hot peppers .. anything other than glack pepper <from the can not freshly ground> is way too hot for them .. may as well just feed them oatmeal and jello ..

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky