The first Pork Butt in the new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mamabearcoffey

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Missouri
Tried to insert a pic...don't know how to do it, maybe??  Anyway, just finished up some smoking.  I did two chickens and a pork butt.  I brined one chicken, rubbed the other, then rubbed and injected the butt.  The chickens smoked for about three and a half hours, the butt for about four and a half.

I must say, the chickens came out A-maz-ing!!  Haven't tried the butt yet, it's resting.  Gonna do a brisket in a couple weeks.  Yea!

Sounds great. I have a question and safety concern. How big was the Pork Butt, and what internal temperature did you take it too. The pork butt I do I take to 190-205 degrees for pulled pork and take 10-15 hours. I am concerned about a 4 1/2 hour smoke on a pork butt, can you let us know how big it was and if you measured temps

Great start

Robert

Hi all. The pork butt was incredible. Since controlling the heat has been a huge learning process, the smoker was pretty hot...the pork butt got done. I pulled it out at 180 and let it rest for a bit. It was tender, juicy, and yummy.
Since then I've done two briskets...the first a huge success, the second not quite as much but still good. Would have liked to do a turkey, but didn't have time.
Overall am happy with results so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky