The early bird gets the brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gaffney982

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
I did a basic brown sugar/black pepper /Paprika type rub and wrapped it overnight. I was thinking of doing it @ 230 for approximately 10-12 hours, or however long is necessary.

For this cut, what should I expect cook time to be? Also, I was going to do a Coca-Cola and Worcester spray every time I change the wood chips.

Any thoughts or opinions from the seasoned veterans?

If you do not wrap expect ~12 hrs if smoking at 230F but as mentioned here go by temperature and feel. Mine is at 186f and I will start probing around 190 or so.

Good,luck

I'm not wrapping this one as I love a good bark. Thanks for the tips HEU

So it's official! At 8.5 hrs I've hit the stall. Temp is currently 160

My question is this. Can I pull the water tray and just spray the brisket from here on out or will it get too dry?

I turned out not too bad for my first brisket. The only mistake I made was putting my rub on too thick so a nice bark didn't develop and the rub itself was a little too peppery for my liking. Other than those 2 downsides, it came out as expected. I did cut it close and was only able to wrap it for 35 minutes. It it a stall at 160 and again at 180......FML!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky