The Brinkmann and I

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Round two in the Brinkmann...So far I really like this little smoker...I added hickory chips to this batch of charcoal. Ended up with a better heat range, etc...I put these on around 12:30pm...It is 6pm and I am about ready to remove them....I think they look great!!! I used a store bought pork rub, so we will see...I have eight corn on the cob cobblets up in the top in the foil...I salted and buttered them and believe they are ready too...been in there about 1 hour now... :lol:

Steve

Steve, I have read your post three times, and I am not sure, but what are you cooking? I do not think your corn will be quite ready in about 1 hour, but I have never tried it in my smoker. Any pictures?

Hi Gary, Boy you can tell I am new to forums...I had a mess of the country style ribs...and you are right, the corn needed a little longer..but was good. I need more flavor...all I had on the ribs was a rub I bought to try out...they were OK, but didn't have as much flavor as my last ones.
I am still trying to figure out how to add pictures...maybe they need loaded to a photo album first...not sure..still learning...

Steve

Hey Steve,

Where you from in NW Ark? I grew up in Ark.

What temp was you cooking at? I usually do my corn about an hour at 225 wrapped in foil with butter and salt & it's done.

Hi Rodger,
We live in Bentonville....I have to live within 10 miles of our office...Being a lineman and all...for response time, ya know...

My temp gauge showed around 200 degrees, I had the corn on for about an hour, but should of been on a little longer I think...still turned out pretty good...I am still learning temperatures......and I guess cook times...hehe!!!

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky