The Bounties of My Little Garden

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Been a tough battle with the heat and dry weather here but now we are over wet.
So the little garden has been productive,

You get tomatoes you make sauce

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Then there was an abundance of banana peppers.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0873.JPG

I can't have ABT'S right now because of a special diet I'm on.
So we make pepper relish.
Wife says the recipe calls for serrano peppers
Will these work?

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

Peppers cleaned and ready to grind.

IMG_0880.jpg

Cooking the peppers for the jam.

IMG_0881.jpg

8 Jars of pepper jam.

IMG_0882.jpg

We like to pour a jar of the jam over a block of cream cheese and put it on crackers.
Makes for a great snack.

Thanks for looking
Warren

Nice Warren . Love pepper jam mixed with cream cheese .
Been so hot here the matters crapped out . Cooled down and my peppers are finally getting started . Now the heats back .

That looks great Warren. Nice haul

Point for sure
Chris

Been so hot here the matters crapped out . Cooled down and my peppers are finally getting started . Now the heats back .

Been incredibly hot here also but man the tomatoes and all manners of peppers loved it.

Already took care of a woodchuck earlier this season and then a doe showed the other night and chowed on what was left of the tomatoes...good thing I had picked that day.Shot it in the ass with my Gamo Compact match pistol,hopefully that stung enough for it to think twice for a while,if not I might be breaking out the Beeman or RWS rifles.

Reactions: chopsaw
Warren and other garden folks. Keep posting your beautiful bounties. Those tomatoes and peppers had my mouth watering.

It's been years since I've had a vegetable garden due to limited space and sunshine on my current property. Each time I see tables of tomatoes and buckets of peppers, it reminds me of the gardens I grew up enjoying. Time to start building something for next year.

It's been years since I've had a vegetable garden due to limited space and sunshine on my current property. Each time I see tables of tomatoes and buckets of peppers, it reminds me of the gardens I grew up enjoying. Time to start building something for next year.

Just the opposite for us,we're shutting it all down and I'm growing nothing but habeneros next year for a local pub's hotsauce.

Warren and other garden folks. Keep posting your beautiful bounties. Those tomatoes and peppers had my mouth watering.

Thanks Ray wife used your spaghetti sauce as a base to what she does now. We use a lot more spice than you.

Warren

Reactions: noboundaries
Wow Warren!!
That's a lot of Great Bounty from a Little Garden!!
All Looks Outstanding!
Like.

Bear

Very nice. Never had pepper jelly before. Good think I didnt have a garden this year. Super dry here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky