Thanksgiving...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ABEdwards1

Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Alright, got my 15lb turkey for Thanksgiving... what tips and recommendations do you have for a first time turkey smoker on pellet grill...

Everything you can help with, from prep to cooking, would be appreciated!

Reactions: JLeonard
There are plenty of guys with pellet grills on here to help you, but I would suggest you spatchcock the turkey, cause it will cook much more evenly. On my Lang I take the thighs off the breast & cook them separately so I can pull each one off when they are done. I also smoke them in a pan. I pull the breast off at 157 & let it rest for about 1/2 hour under a foil tent on the counter & let the thighs go to 170 & do the same. Here is a thread I posted a while back that maybe will help you decide how to proceed.
Al

If I were You, I'd jump on that Link Al gave you (above), and follow that.
Looks Outstanding!!

Bear

I agree, I have my smoked turkey guide on my website that takes you through everything from start to finish, but in general; spatchcock and brine (wet or dry) is the way to go. You can use whatever seasonings you want after that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky