Thanksgiving keto style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Having the week off of work gave me plenty of time to prep for Thanksgiving. I usually handle most of the keto dishes along with the smoked stuff and my wife does the rest. First up is the turkey. I got a fresh 22 lbs bird from a local farm. I injected with Tony Chacheres jalapeño butter. This is the first time I’ve spatchcocked the bird snd won’t be the last. The rub was a mix of a local Amish stores chicken rub and powdered butter. I rubbed it liberally under the breast skin and on the outside. In the frig overnight uncovered to let the skin dry some. Smoked in the Lang with a mix of pear and cherry wood. Pulled with the breast at 157F and the thigh at 174F and rested to let the bird come up to 165 in breast. Came out great and man the wing was the best turkey treat I’ve ever had!!
373E7694-F7D4-4F8B-B46F-62D380AA86D4.jpeg
547E90F3-80CC-442B-A75F-1B171DF2E667.jpeg
B20991C5-BCEB-4DFD-B882-4804412A1127.jpeg
I did a little over 4 dozen ABT’s stuffed with hot sausage, cheddar and cream cheese. Made sure to use thinner bacon this time so it cruises up. Needless to say they all didn’t make it to the frig for tomorrow lol.
680127D5-7489-4520-B3EC-FC244C9B6F15.jpeg
Made a couple sugar free coconut cream cheesecakes for dessert. I’ve posted this recipe in a previous thread. My family begged for this one for Thanksgiving.
1C6C4406-6DEA-48F7-A66C-271C255282D2.jpeg
B5548C40-183C-4D31-BF44-3B926042C726.jpeg
We also did some sugar free pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
D2D2920F-680F-463E-BEBA-DDFEC8A066D5.jpeg
Next up was my White truffle Gruyere cauliflower turnip mash. I love this stuff! I believe I’ve posted this before as well.
3D65D1E1-F63D-4845-B477-1A14BEEA71B5.jpeg
Next up some stuffing. I used a couple loaves of Aunt Millies white Carb smart bread , buttered and speckled with garlic herb seasoning to make croutons. I always loved a recipe I found on line for an Italian stuffing so used it for that. Has lots of sausage, onions cooked in butter, heavy cream , eggs and chicken stock as Parmesan cheese. The low carb bread seems to soak up more liquid so had to modify some. This will get finished in the oven tomorrow.
AC674282-3D79-4E56-AA41-BAFAB662B1CE.jpeg
I also did a keto gravy which was essentially chicken broth, heavy cream and cream cheese. Sounds weird but trust me it works. Did a cranberry sauce with 2 lbs of cranberry. Used a recipe I found online and subbed the brown sugar to Golden Lakanto. It called for orange juice which I replaced with extra water and orange oil. Tasty. I’ll post a pic when I serve it tomorrow. Last up from me is my contribution to the appetizer tray. Some of my fermented garlic dill chips and fermented spicy cayenne dilly beans.
25B7DEF7-E9C0-4A5B-9E23-3CC1A5825D65.jpeg
B741AA9B-FA74-43AA-A3A2-025C00439BAB.jpeg
Well that sums up my contributions to the gathering tomorrow. My wife’s did tons of deviled eggs , green beans and bacon, mashed taters for guests, broccoli salad and a non keto stuffing. Thanks for looking!!

Great looking plates Jeff, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Jeff, you have been a busy boy!! That all looks and sounds amazing. I just wish you'd posted this a couple days earlier so I had time to drive up there for dinner :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job my friend!!

Robert

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Be sure to bring this topic up at Thanksgiving dinner.

P.S.
Behold the Power of Cheese.
This looks fantastic. The bird is beautiful.
Good looking stuff there. Bird looks great. That cheesecake looks amazing, as does the dressing.
Simply WOW.. Happy Thanksgiving.
Man there's a spread that would make for some great eating. Great job.
Gary
You are the King of Keto on SMF!! Well done my friend!
Looks like a feast is gonna happen!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Ryan
Great looking plates Jeff, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Point for sure
Chris
That is a great looking holiday meal. And I bet all will be happy

Well done and yes the bird looks great

David
Wow Jeff, you have been a busy boy!! That all looks and sounds amazing. I just wish you'd posted this a couple days earlier so I had time to drive up there for dinner :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job my friend!!

Robert
That is a great looking spread!!
Man that some fine work! I have not even started mine yet.
That all looks fantastic as usual . Very nice .
Man, you really killed it!
Nicely done, the turkey looks fantastic, but the potato’s really got my attention!
Al
That is a runnin' ton of great looking eats there Jeff, nice work and have a wonderful Thanks! RAY
WOW looks so good, ill be right over!!
Excellent work Jeff! The turkey is beyond words.
Outstanding work my friend. That’s going to be difficult to top for your Christmas meal. 🍻
John
Thanks so much for the kind words! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well. Folks were pretty pleased with our spread and all went home with huge doggie boxes lol. Several folks were shocked by the sugar free coconut cheesecake. Although things were labeled several folks had my keto stuffing and gravy and raved about it lol. All in all it was a great day of family visiting. Here is he cranberry that even the cranberry haters seemed to like.
A092A53F-2742-4687-B5D1-3178227B0212.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky