Thanksgiving help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daniel cox

Original poster
Nov 11, 2016
I hope I can ask for advice on here. I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving and the only access I have to smoke my traditional salmon is a charcoal Weber grill. Anyone attempted this? Thoughts?

You can do it on the Weber. You have a small amount of coals and put it off to 1 side and put the meat on the other side. I would practice with it atleast once to get use to temp control.

I guess my fear is cooking it  too fast. What kind of briquettes  do I use? Regular charcoal?

What smoking temperature are you shooting for

Yep need to know that.

Assuming you want to keep the pit temps below 180, you'all need a small fire. Leave the top vent wide open. Lower vents will be closed except one barely cracked open. Kingsford would probably be your best bet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky