• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanksgiving help!

daniel cox

Joined Nov 11, 2016
I hope I can ask for advice on here. I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving and the only access I have to smoke my traditional salmon is a charcoal Weber grill. Anyone attempted this? Thoughts?

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
You can do it on the Weber. You have a small amount of coals and put it off to 1 side and put the meat on the other side. I would practice with it atleast once to get use to temp control.

daniel cox

Joined Nov 11, 2016
I guess my fear is cooking it  too fast. What kind of briquettes  do I use? Regular charcoal?

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
What smoking temperature are you shooting for
Yep need to know that.

Assuming you want to keep the pit temps below 180, you'all need a small fire. Leave the top vent wide open. Lower vents will be closed except one barely cracked open. Kingsford would probably be your best bet.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.