Thanksgiving Extravaganza w heavy pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn John....another incredible meal. I read this a while ago but didn't have time to reply, then had a brain fart and forgot to come back to it later....until now that is. You sir have been knocking it out of the park recently and this is another perfect example of a fantastic cook come out of your kitchen. Big LIKE my friend!! Can't wait to see what's next....

Totally in awe,
Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate all the kind words there! Finally finished off all the leftover turkey...thinking about whats up next!

HOLY COW man, that's a fine looking feed bag right there. Here's a toast to the host that cooked the most.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
This year(well every year really) we hosted Thanksgiving at my home. Only difference is we were expecting a lot more people this year. Started to plan this cook well in advance and schedule everything best I could. The day before Thanksgiving I setup a couple folding tables in my garage and decided to do all of the prep work out there...closer to the beer fridge too! This took place over a 24 hours period so if I get anything in the wrong order sorry!

Here is the spread. 1 16lb choice packer brisket, a 10 pound ham, and 4 12 pound butterball turkeys.
View attachment 413519

View attachment 413520

Got the turkeys in Tip's slaughterhouse brine. The 4th one went in too just didn't get a picture of it for some reason.
View attachment 413521

Brisket trimmed(in a hurry as you can tell) and ready for some smoke. Seasoned with Miners Mix XXX garlic. First time using it but wont be the last.
View attachment 413522

Brisket sitting at 160 ready for some butcher paper. Got a pan of smoked mac and cheese in the bottom.
View attachment 413523

The two turkeys that were going to get smoked came out of the brine, got spatched, seasoned, and into the fridge for the night
View attachment 413641

Kerrrygold butter and seasoning under the skin too.
View attachment 413642
View attachment 413643

Did Jeff's maple double smoke ham that's been riding on the carousel.
View attachment 413644

Pulled the two birds that were getting fried out of the brine and coated in low salt Cajun seasoning.
View attachment 413646

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Got 3 of my cookers setup in my driveway going at once!
View attachment 413652

Smoked birds looking good.
View attachment 413653

Brisket probed tender at 203 and going into the cooler for a nap. Loving the butcher paper.
View attachment 413655

Friend birds smelling good.
View attachment 413657

Smoked birds getting close. Got to use my new inkbird instant read for the first time.
View attachment 413658

Smoked birds are out.
View attachment 413659

Ham has been in about 4 hours and glazed plenty. Pulled at 135.
View attachment 413660

Fried birds are done.
View attachment 413662

After the brisket took a nap got it sliced up. This thing was tender, juicy, and delicious. One of my best yet.
View attachment 413663

Things got a little crazy at this point trying to carve 4 turkeys and feed 25 people so didn't get any pictures of the sliced birds but you can imagine how they looked. They were juicy and perfectly done. Really enjoy using tips slaughterhouse brine. Jeff's ham was nothing short of amazing. Wish I had gotten more pics of the finished products and the sides but all was delicious and everyone left full. Long 24 hours of prepping and cooking
All I can say is,... "WOW"! I 'll bet you slept good that night.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky