1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
  1. WaterinHoleBrew

WaterinHoleBrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I may not have the chance to get on here tomorrow, so I wanted to send this out today to all my SMF Veteran friends & all Veterans everywhere.

image.jpeg

Freedom Isn't Free, I Cannot Put Into Words My Sincere Appreciation Of Your Sacrifice To Have Served Our Great USA!

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

daveomak likes this.
  3. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I had never seen a spit valve on a bugle before. It makes sense, I just had never seen one.

This is the 100th year since the signing of the peace accord ending the "War to End all wars". Sunday at 11:00 AM many may hear a bell ringing 21 times in salute of Armistice Day (100 years), which has since changed to Veterans Day. Why 21 times, its rendering the highest military honor which could be prescribed. You might check your local papers for special celebrations from public readings, prayers, concerts, etc.

http://www.1914.org/news/bells-of-peace-on-armistice-centennial/

To all my fellow veterans I say well done and to their families a sincere thank you.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    daveomak and retfr8flyr like this.
  4. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks for posting foamheart. Remembering those who have passed.

5. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Respect.

Tomorrow is a particularly reverent day to me.

daveomak likes this.
  6. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

I WHOLE HEARTILY AGREE... a big "THANK YOU" to all that have served.. to you all I raise my glass ...

daveomak likes this.
  7. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I served in the war no one wants to talk about, Viet Nam. The troops are not the ones making the decisions to go to war but we were the ones that everyone blamed in Viet Nam and these vets never got the respect and honors they deserved. I am so glad times have changed and we now honor the military men and women that serve today.

daveomak likes this.
  8. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thank you to all those in the military, past and present, and their families for the sacrifices you have made for this great country...

9. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yup---Spent my Honeymoon there!!
    Married December 27, 1968.
    Landed in Vietnam February 2, 1969.

Bear

10. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Bear, I was there 67-68, We went over by ship with the whole squadron, the 17th Armored Air Cav. We hit country in Qui nhon and then went to Pleiku, attached to the 4th Infantry. Americal Division, in Chu Lai, wanted a troop sent to them and our troop, C Troop 7th Squadron 17th Armored Air Cav, was detached and sent up to Chu Lai. I spent the rest of my time in country there. I was a short timer when Tet offensive hit and I managed to survive that and make it home in March of 68.

11. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Home Brother!!
    My actual Brother was an ARMY MP, and spent 16 1/2 months in Qui Nhon (65-66), and got an early out for the extra 4 1/2 months. I was still in High School while he was in Vietnam.

Bear

retfr8flyr likes this.