Thai jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
So. Ann brought home a large pork loin yesterday. And while I was portioning it out. I took a couple pounds for some Thai jerky.
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tbs sriracha sauce
3 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder.
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs worsy sauce
2 tsp roasted sesame oil.
1 tsp red pepper flakes. I ground this up slightly.
Smidge over 1/4 tsp cure #1. This is a 2 pound batch
Mixed all this together.
Added the thin sliced pork.
And into the dehydrator for 6.5 hours.

P1150181.JPG

I'll say it again. This dehydrator I got from Robert rocks!

Your on quite the roll Steve, and that jerky looks real good.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking jerky Steve! I got 5.5 lbs ready to go into the dehydrator in a few hours.

It seems we’ve been on the same jerky wavelength lately, because we’re always making it around the same time lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Great looking jerky Steve! I got 5.5 lbs ready to go into the dehydrator in a few hours.

It seems we’ve been on the same jerky wavelength lately, because we’re always making it around the same time lol.
Thanks Joe! I've been noticing that too!

Man that looks good Steve!! Some fantastic looking stuff buddy. Sounds like a great flavor profile too.
I'll say it again. This dehydrator I got from Robert rocks!
WOW!! I am absolutely thrilled that you're making good use of it. When I saw you doing jerky in the oven, I knew that had to change. That's just archaic!! You know there are a LOT of things you can do with that thing. I like doing dried fruit for trail mix and Tracy uses it to dry flowers for craft projects...and of course drying peppers. I've also made sun dried tomatoes on mine and they were excellent!! Just a few ideas.

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great Steve! Jerky is on my short list as I’m down to 3 8oz packs in freezer. What is the material for those racks?

Man that looks good Steve!! Some fantastic looking stuff buddy. Sounds like a great flavor profile too.

WOW!! I am absolutely thrilled that you're making good use of it. When I saw you doing jerky in the oven, I knew that had to change. That's just archaic!! You know there are a LOT of things you can do with that thing. I like doing dried fruit for trail mix and Tracy uses it to dry flowers for craft projects...and of course drying peppers. I've also made sun dried tomatoes on mine and they were excellent!! Just a few ideas.

Robert
Thanks Robert! We used to do fruit back when the kids were young in one of those Ronco units. Never did tomatoes. Once it gets warm out. I'm going to thaw out the mash from the hot sauce. And dehydrate it. Outdoors though!

great color, looks so delicious!!
Thanks!

Looks great Steve! Jerky is on my short list as I’m down to 3 8oz packs in freezer. What is the material for those racks?
Thanks Jeff. The racks are stainless steel. I don't know the grade though.

Reactions: jcam222
Nice job Steve! Bet that's some mighty tasty jerky!

Ryan

Wow! You are on a killer streak! I’m going to have to look into those dehydrators. Enabler. That may be my first toy after my next move, that is too awesome!
Thanks Jed! You can blame the dehydrator on Robert though! Can't take the enabler credit on this one!

Wow! You are on a killer streak! I’m going to have to look into those dehydrators. Enabler. That may be my first toy after my next move, that is too awesome!
Love that this one has stainless instead of plastic shelves too. Real nice feature.

Reactions: Steve H
That looks great! What are your thoughts with trying it on some venison ground or sliced thin?

Looks good. We been making jerky too. Venison and beef, just made a batch today. Must be the time of the year for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky