Thai Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DS2003, fine looking jerky sir and the "breakfast beverage" looked good also !
points.gif

What did you slice it ?? about 1/4" ?  looks great :Looks-Great:

Yep right around there. I like to free hand cut my jerky and it's right around a 1/4". Normally I freeze it for a while then slice. This go around I sliced right out of the shopping bag.

Looks Good. I got a bunch of venison to jerkify this fall and I was going to do something salty. Thanks for the idea.
Thank you! this recipe is tasty. The fish sauce gives it a good tang. If you like pepper you can add black pepper or chili flakes after brining and right before smoking. One rack this smoke I added black pepper and garlic powder to. It was tasty too!

Thank you! this recipe is tasty. The fish sauce gives it a good tang. If you like pepper you can add black pepper or chili flakes after brining and right before smoking. One rack this smoke I added black pepper and garlic powder to. It was tasty too!
Yeah I did some terriyaki jerky awhile back and did just that...black pepper on some, pepper flakes on the rest. It was very popular. And my wife makes Pad thai sometimes, so we know the power (and danger) of using fish sauce! Thanks again!

That S#!T looks amazing. I am smoking some Chicken Jerky right now. I will definitely have to try this stuff next.

How much cure did you add for 1 lb of meat please?  I'm a newb.

I'll answer for Dirt.... 1.1 grams per pound..... 5.5 grams per 5#'s.... or 1 tsp. per 5#'s.... of cure #1 which has 6.25% nitrite..... That gives a cure amount of ~150 Ppm nitrite.....

I have a question about cooking times. I am using this recipe on some London broil that is marinating now with the cure added. I cut it at 1/4", and I am wondering approximately how long did it take to finish. I am using a 30" Masterbuilt electric smoker. I am looking for a ball park figure since I will be at work for the next two days and I am starting it on Thursday.
Thanks..

Times can vary with pit temp. I run the first hour at 120-130, then bump the temps up 10 degrees every hour until the smoker hits 180. Then it's a matter of getting the texture I want. I usually figure anywhere from 6-12 hours. You can make it go faster by starting your first hour around 120-130, then jumping right to 170. Most dehydrators run right around 150-160.

Thanks for the info. It is amazing that your meat stayed so red. I attribute that to a lack of oxygen. I have mine in a Ziploc container with a lid and it is already turning gray.  I hope that doesn't affect the flavor to much. I will know on Friday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky