Thai Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
[GALLERY="media, 516851"][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY="media, 516852"][/GALLERY]

Well it looks like I will have to wait and see if the cure goes well. Into the fridge for a couple days.[/quote]
That's it? Man that would be gone in a minute at my house! Kids would have it sucked up and gone as soon as it came off the smoker!

5# of beef and than I am doing 5# of pork loins as well. Than it will be on to bigger batches once I know it works.

Last edited:
I used Mortons tenderquick at 1 tablespoon per pound so hopefully that doesn't mess it all up. That's all that was available near me that I could find.

Should I be good to smoke this on Sunday all day to get it done or should I wait till Monday?

Last edited:
I used Mortons tenderquick at 1 tablespoon per pound so hopefully that doesn't mess it all up. That's all that was available near me that I could find.

Should I be good to smoke this on Sunday all day to get it done or should I wait till Monday?
It may be a tad bit saltier than if you used cure #1. If the meat is sliced 1/4" or less it only needs to be in the marinade overnight. Longer is fine but not required.

Thanks a ton for answering all my newb questions! I will get it down eventually. It's cut mainly right around 1/4 thick. I will also keep rotating the bag tonight and tomorrow and use Sunday as smoke day. I am very new to smoking so it is a lot of information to take in.

I can do the pork with the beef right? They both are smoked at the same temps and time so if I do a rack of beef and a rack of pork at the same time I shouldn't have issues?

Also from reading just so I am clear start at 120 for the first hour no smoke. Than bump up 10 degrees per hour til at 180? My plan was to smoke with hickory for about 4 total hours over the course of the 8-12 hours as to not overpower it with smoke.

Thanks a ton for answering all my newb questions! I will get it down eventually. It's cut mainly right around 1/4 thick. I will also keep rotating the bag tonight and tomorrow and use Sunday as smoke day. I am very new to smoking so it is a lot of information to take in.

I can do the pork with the beef right? They both are smoked at the same temps and time so if I do a rack of beef and a rack of pork at the same time I shouldn't have issues?

Also from reading just so I am clear start at 120 for the first hour no smoke. Than bump up 10 degrees per hour til at 180? My plan was to smoke with hickory for about 4 total hours over the course of the 8-12 hours as to not overpower it with smoke.

Yes you can smoke both at the same time.

Your temps and plan look perfect.

Whew at least I understand a little more than I give myself credit for. Just cut up a yield of 5.5 pounds of pork loin and did the same brine/cure. Now the waiting begins. I'll get some more pictures once it is on the racks with toothpicks and I start the smoking portion. Again thank you for the help! Can't wait.

Last time I made jerky i made a 1 pound batch of this and loved it. So going all in this time with a 6 pound batch.

Here's the recipe for 1 pound I just multiplied by 6.

1 lb top round steak, cut into strips
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dark or light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground white pepper

I added cure. Typically this wouldn't have cure and the meat would be dried in the sun.

I was going to use the vacuum tumbler but the valve for the lid is MIA. Hope I can find a replacement.

Here's a new brew that's dangerously good

So this will go in the smoker tomorrow.
Last time I made jerky i made a 1 pound batch of this and loved it. So going all in this time with a 6 pound batch.

Here's the recipe for 1 pound I just multiplied by 6.

1 lb top round steak, cut into strips
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dark or light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground white pepper

I added cure. Typically this wouldn't have cure and the meat would be dried in the sun.

I was going to use the vacuum tumbler but the valve for the lid is MIA. Hope I can find a replacement.

Here's a new brew that's dangerously good

So this will go in the smoker tomorrow.
Nice
Yum

I followed this recipe and made 5 pounds of Thai turkey jerky yesterday using ground turkey (93% lean meat).  The results are out of this world amazing.

Here's the Rec Tec 680 all loaded up and ready to go.  I did 4 hours @ 180 with the extreme smoke option on.

After 2 hours:

After 4 hours, all done!

Sliced and ready to eat!

I don't think this is going to last a week at our house!!  Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!

Last edited:
I followed this recipe and made 5 pounds of Thai turkey jerky yesterday using ground turkey (93% lean meat).  The results are out of this world amazing.

Here's the Rec Tec 680 all loaded up and ready to go.  I did 4 hours @ 180 with the extreme smoke option on.

After 2 hours:

After 4 hours, all done!

Sliced and ready to eat!

I don't think this is going to last a week at our house!!  Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!

You're welcome!

Great looking pile of jerky!

Impounded out a pile of chicken breasts a while back and made some, good stuff

After 2 hours:

After 4 hours, all done!

Sliced and ready to eat!

Whoa!!!

It's seem deliciuos!

Dirtsailor means Todd with amazing products their a sponsor on this site. Sorry don't know how to do links on ipad

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky