Texas Style Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prplptcrzr2003

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Georgia
Greetings fellow meat smokers!

In order to really enjoy some of the World Cup soccer action on TV with friends and family this weekend, I am preparing a feast (as I type this message) consisting of texas style pork ribs. (Yumm-o!) Interestingly enough, I was looking on the web for some glaze recipes (I found Emeril's "Root Beer/ Bourbon Glazed Ribs" to be enticing enough to give it a try). But I also came across a pretty cool website during my search. I found it to be very informative and educational - it talks about various cuts of pork ribs, loin, etc. I pasted the URL below. I will post a pic of my feast later on. Hope you guys are all having an awesome weekend!

http://www.barbecuen.com/bbqporkribs.htm

Hey, Sam!
Thanks for the URL! Can't wait till I have more time to investigate all it has to offer. After reading your post I'm thinkin' 'bout my own tummy right now!
Cheers!
Monty

Well, here it is...a pic of the ribs I made today. I made 2 racks and they were done using the 3-2-1 method. Needless to say, there is very little of this meat left over. But because of a time crunch and lack of some of the key ingredients, I didn't use Emeril's recipe for his "Rootbeer and Borbon glaze" like I wanted to. Instead, I used a good sauce that I found at the supermarket sometime ago called "Sweet Baby Ray's". I tell you what... this stuff is gooood! I found it by chance and have used it ever since. So whenever I need a good sauce but no time to make it, "Sweet Baby Ray's" it is! During the last 20 minutes I put them on the grill, I basted one side of the meat with the sauce and then I sprinkled a little red cayenne pepper over them. I closed the lid, and let the sauce carmelize a little. Repeated for the other side. Then, I brought the meat inside to set for about 15 min. The slicing began and all the "oohs" and "aaahs" from our guests soon followed.
Guys, with a side of grilled cilantro-lime corn, and some sweet potato fries done in the fry-daddy, this meal was heaven on earth!
Cheers to all you "smokers" out there! What are everyone's plans for Father's Day? I haven't decided....but I'll easily be inspired!
b353c6ba_vbattach10676.jpg

Great stuff, Sam! I very much agree with you on Sweet Baby Ray's Q sauce. That stuff is good! It carmelizes well, has excellent flavor and yet does not overpower the meat flavor! I have used it with excellent results on venison roasts and steaks. It is widely available here in the north country and for good reason! Keep up the good work and keep those excellent pics coming!
Cheers!
Monty

Cajunsmoker, u crack me up!

srmonty, Sweet Baby Ray's IS awesome! When you sprinkle a little cayenne over it - woo-wee! Good stuff.
Thanks for the kind words, friends. See you around!

Nice Pix, and nice looking loin too!

Now I have GOT to try Sweet Baby Ray's on some meatloaf! Mmmmm....just thinking about it . Smoked meatloaf (a la Jeff's recipe) with some SBR's on top???? Man, BlkGost, thatnks so much for that tip. And thanks for the comment, too. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky