TEXAS STYLE BRISKET

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you for the help. Newbie here all help is appreciated. We have a local cook off this weekend and need all the help we can get.
Glad to help, you need any more just PM me

Gary

Nice brisket Gary..................
icon14.gif

Awesome looking Brisket, Gary. As usual, your tutorial makes it look simple. I've never done a Brisket, but it's on my short list. I've eaten some one time in San Antonio, buy yours looks iy would be much better.

Thanks for the instruction. Please keep it up, Joe :points:

Thanks Dirtsailor   I'm trying to get the hang of it,

Gary

Terrific looking brisket but I hate you for being able to get it at that price.

You hardly ever see a brisket around here at all and when you do it is the cost of a luxury vehicle.

However, this looks great.

Points.

Disco

Terrific looking brisket but I hate you for being able to get it at that price.

You hardly ever see a brisket around here at all and when you do it is the cost of a luxury vehicle.

However, this looks great.

Points.

Disco
Thanks, Disco   I wish you guys could get Brisket at a decent price, Like us in East Texas and Pork Bellies

Gary

Thanks Chew, I love doing Brisket

ok I gave this a try today. It was my first brisket ever and only my second time smoking. I had a 5 lb flat and planned on being ready to eat in roughly 8 hours. However, I know how things go for me so I wanted to give myself extra time. I got up at 0600 to get my charcoal started. I threw the brisket on at 0700 with an outside temp of 35 degrees out here in Utah. I had a tough time keeping the temp at 225 today. It mostly hovered closer to 200. I figured low and slow so no biggie it'll just take longer. When the internal temp hit 155, around noon, I threw on the beans and pulled the brisket for to wrap on butcher paper. When I got the brisket back on it read an internal temp was at 147. It decided to stay there for about 2.5 hours when it finally decided to climb. Pulled it off at 205 degrees at 1730 and let it rest on the counter still wrapped until 1830. It was AMAZING!!!  Not sure how it racks up to your guys standards but wife loved it too. While I was cooking I was on here reading about mods to smokers. I have a char griller Duo with the added smoke box. Alot of smoke comes out around the bottom of the lid and I saw alot of guys modifying their smoke box racks. I need to do that as my fresh air intake gets choked out by ashes.

Thank you for your posts and awesome recipes. 

-Ryan

LILY

That was my three year old she wanted to type her name. lol 

ok I gave this a try today. It was my first brisket ever and only my second time smoking. I had a 5 lb flat and planned on being ready to eat in roughly 8 hours. However, I know how things go for me so I wanted to give myself extra time. I got up at 0600 to get my charcoal started. I threw the brisket on at 0700 with an outside temp of 35 degrees out here in Utah. I had a tough time keeping the temp at 225 today. It mostly hovered closer to 200. I figured low and slow so no biggie it'll just take longer. When the internal temp hit 155, around noon, I threw on the beans and pulled the brisket for to wrap on butcher paper. When I got the brisket back on it read an internal temp was at 147. It decided to stay there for about 2.5 hours when it finally decided to climb. Pulled it off at 205 degrees at 1730 and let it rest on the counter still wrapped until 1830. It was AMAZING!!!  Not sure how it racks up to your guys standards but wife loved it too. While I was cooking I was on here reading about mods to smokers. I have a char griller Duo with the added smoke box. Alot of smoke comes out around the bottom of the lid and I saw alot of guys modifying their smoke box racks. I need to do that as my fresh air intake gets choked out by ashes.

-Ryan

LILY

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Always good to hear about a brisket success!

-Ryan

LILY

Congrats Ryan!!

I love a Great Success story!!!  And you followed the right guy. Gary's Briskets (among other things) are nothing short of Fantastic!!!

Oh---Also a message to Lily----------"Hi Lily, How are you??" (You didn't know Bears could type, did you???)
xmas_snowman.gif

Bear

Last edited:
Hey Thanks guys,  I glad it turned out great.   Post some pics   love to see it all the way through.

Gary

Wow !! Sorry to be so late here Gary, now that is a real tasty lookin brisket ! :drool Very nice smoke ! Thumbs Up Also great pic of the sunrise with the smoker & TBS.... And with a good cup of coffee, your all set ! You are the king of brisket my friend !

Thanks WHB 

Gary

Originally Posted by ryanveld  

-Ryan

I love a great success story,    nothing like a great brisket

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky