Texas Pig Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave11

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Spring Hill,Fla
I know this is a shot in the dark, but Im gonna take it. Has anyone here ever tryed John Henry's Texas pig rub? My wife and I fell in love with this rub about a year ago, and have had to buy it off the internet for the last 8 months,because our local bbq store went out of bussiness. My question is, Does anyone know how to make a rub that taste pretty close to that. We love it, but its getting expensive to buy. The shipping charges are killing me. :( Ive tryed to copy it , but have had no luck.

Try a cup of brown sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of lawrey's seasoning salt, and a tablespoon of black pepper. It come close (my opinion). I stopped making my own rub when I found John Henry's brisket rub. Figured I could not do any better. I love the stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky