• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Texas Pig Rub

dave11

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 6, 2005
I know this is a shot in the dark, but Im gonna take it. Has anyone here ever tryed John Henry's Texas pig rub? My wife and I fell in love with this rub about a year ago, and have had to buy it off the internet for the last 8 months,because our local bbq store went out of bussiness. My question is, Does anyone know how to make a rub that taste pretty close to that. We love it, but its getting expensive to buy. The shipping charges are killing me. :( Ive tryed to copy it , but have had no luck.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Sorry I have looked but can not find it anywhere

billyq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2007
Try a cup of brown sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of lawrey's seasoning salt, and a tablespoon of black pepper. It come close (my opinion). I stopped making my own rub when I found John Henry's brisket rub. Figured I could not do any better. I love the stuff.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.