Texas here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire956

Original poster
Jul 16, 2016
Texas
Hello everyone! Texas resident and fellow Griller here. I am a 29 year old Firefighter with aspirations to someday open a food truck company. I LOVE to BBQ! I never gave it much thought and would blow the idea away whenever people would suggest that I sell my cooked goods, but at 29 I'm starting to get that "Well why the hell not" feeling, lol. Only time will tell, but in joining this forum i hope to learn and exchange knowledge that can help get me there!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

Welcome to the forum, Fire!
You never know about that food truck idea. It could happen. I've done two trade shows in Texas, one in Austin and one in Dallas, and when lunchtime came, even though there were restaurants within walking distance everyone headed for the food truck...
Dan

Reactions: fire956
Thanks, Dan! I'm from South Texas and Food trucks are barely becoming a thing. I'm starting slow, though, and will probably start selling at the local flea market soon.
Brisket, brisket burgers, and Beef ribs will be my main menu items. Here's a bit of my work...

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good afternoon fellow Texan and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome fellow Texan,,Welcome to the forum, I am in New Braunfels, TX as you can see, Food Trucks catching on here too but gradually. You have a ton of expierince available to you here. All the fellow members here have tons of information and are willing to share. I look forward to see some of your post. You got any questions just ask, some one will chime in with their comments. This is the Best Forum out there, I guarantee it !

Hoity Toit aka Dexter

We are supposed to be getting 2 -3 food trucks here in Tyler

Gary

Welcome from Houston. You have found a great group. I searched here this morning and found why a cook yesterday did not work like I expected. As this is a group that aspires to make fires--or at least smoke--you have found like-mind folks. Thank you for your service and willingness to put your life on the line for the rest of us.  We appreciate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky