Test run on my home built cold smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

West coast island smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
have not being on site for some time due to the fact I finally got my smoker out of my garage and in place outside in yard. I'm doing a couple test runs before I try with my fish. I'm going to be putting in my first run tomorrow morning , so should know pretty soon if I have waisted a lot of time building a smoker. I will post a few pictures and a short video. Please feel free to comment, and I will update on my first run.

Beautiful job on the smoker.... The hinges are killer.... Did you make them ?????
Lets see the smoker in operation...
1popcorn.gif

Nice job on that build. Looks like it will put out many a good smokes.

Chris

Holy Cow! That's beautiful! What kind of wood did you use? Your wood working skills are amazing.

View attachment 386657 View attachment 386658 View attachment 386659 View attachment 386660 View attachment 386661 have not being on site for some time due to the fact I finally got my smoker out of my garage and in place outside in yard. I'm doing a couple test runs before I try with my fish. I'm going to be putting in my first run tomorrow morning , so should know pretty soon if I have waisted a lot of time building a smoker. I will post a few pictures and a short video. Please feel free to comment, and I will update on my first run.
You should sell them. Im sure plenty of people would part w/ $ for one of those.

Reactions: dernektambura
View attachment 386657 View attachment 386658 View attachment 386659 View attachment 386660 View attachment 386661 have not being on site for some time due to the fact I finally got my smoker out of my garage and in place outside in yard. I'm doing a couple test runs before I try with my fish. I'm going to be putting in my first run tomorrow morning , so should know pretty soon if I have waisted a lot of time building a smoker. I will post a few pictures and a short video. Please feel free to comment, and I will update on my first run.
Just curious, could you give an estimate on cost invested?

Thanks for your comments, I've being on a almost non stop smoking for the last three days , being fun where having quite the weather . Between the 50 mile hour winds, the snow and consistent lower temperatures for us it's being a good test for the smoker and getting the consistent heat that you want, but all seems to be working well. For the cost of the smoker, hard to put a number to it, material wise other than the lumber which was my own from property, and no cost to mill it, I would say $1500.00 in material only. Cost of materials where I live is high compared to the U.S. Labor that's other thing, way to many hours spent, Im sure it would go quicker the second time, but not in a rush to start other one yet. Thanks again for your guys post, enjoy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 44
Beautiful job on the smoker.... The hinges are killer.... Did you make them ?????
Lets see the smoker in operation... View attachment 386662 ....
In all the pictures the smoker is running. The last picture was about 1/2 hour ago where I dug path out to it. Right now there are 15 sockeye salmon in it running a cold smoke. The other pictures of the fish was after a hot smoke. Would send video but I can't seem to download it. Hope you enjoy the pictures as I'm enjoying smoking finally. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0811.JPG
    IMG_0811.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 43
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky