Termites

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And ,,, shellac used to finish furniture comes from the south end of a north bound bug , is also used to coat hard candy .

So make sure your wood pile don't have termites to protect your home . If it's moldy or rotten I would not smoke with it . If it's completely infested with bugs burn it up outside .

Yeah I looked
Are you sure you have ants (adult form of a termite) or do you already have termites?

Warren
yeah I looked again and now think that it probably is termites. So I’m going to scrap the wood and put termite killer around the house.

Guess no one is going to mention the worms and other parasites that are still alive in raw meat.

Some of you crack me up about impurities in wood. Some won't use it if it has bark or is partly rotted or has lichen or moss or ants. For them, they need to buy kiln dried commercial pure wood, like oak flooring without any finish.

And did it ever occur to you that the honey we love is actually what bees regurgitate? :emoji_wink:

Reactions: JWFokker
Yea guys, you must have never burnt wood in the house all your lives or listened to the old guys when you were little.

Burning ants won't change anything in the wood or your food.

The old guys used to say "If you have ants, you won't have termites." Termites have guard drones for the specific purpose of killing the first ant that ventures onto their colony. Because if the ant reports back with a food source the rest f the colony will show up and devour the termite colony. So, ants in your firewood is not a problem to worry about. Termites swarming near an any colony trying to make a termite colony will soon be food for the ants.

Reactions: JWFokker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky