Teriyaki Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
3.5 lbs of eye of round

Recipe for 5 lbs.
Teriyaki for 5 lbs

3 Tbs non iodized salt
1 tsp cure 1
1 Tbs garlic granules
1 Tbs ginger pwder
1 Tbs ground mustard seed
1 Tbs black pepper
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup of Pepsi

Combine all the ingredients, mix well

Add meat to a plastic container with lid. Pour marinade into meat and combine. Try to keep meat covered with marinade and place in fridge for 8-10 hours or overnight. Toss meat strips in marinade every few hours. Next day take meat from marinade (dont rinse it off) place on racks and smoke/dehydrate as normal.

7yolcXC.jpg

uVIdiMO.jpg

UMI16o1.jpg

lZn2dmO.jpg

s0bghak.jpg

Thanks
Bradly smoker used
2 hours @120F no smoke
2hours @150F started smoke rolling
finished it off @200F (about 3 hours )

Thanks Bear
Most recipes call for 1\4 inch but I find that just a tad to thick so I have my hobart setup for just under a 1\4 inch. I started using the wooden skewers to lace the meat so it would hang about two years ago and I find that it drys a lot faster and more even then laying it on the grates. I have to say these are probably one of the best for texture that I have made in a long time.

Thanks Bear
Most recipes call for 1\4 inch but I find that just a tad to thick so I have my hobart setup for just under a 1\4 inch. I started using the wooden skewers to lace the meat so it would hang about two years ago and I find that it drys a lot faster and more even then laying it on the grates. I have to say these are probably one of the best for texture that I have made in a long time.

Looks Awesome!!
I'll never forget years ago when Bear Jr was only about 8 years old, I had a Charcoal fired Bullet Smoker that just sat around for months.
He decided he wanted to make some Jerky.
He went through all the rituals of slicing & soaking, etc, etc.
Then he was smoking them for pretty long, and said he wants them good and Smoky.
Finally, He said he thinks they're done, and he carried a couple pieces into the garage to me.
He dropped one of them on the concrete floor, and it shattered in a couple hundred little pieces.
I said, "That one might be a little Dry".
Back to the Drawing Board. LOL
That was about 40 years ago.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky