Teriyaki Fillet-Asparagus-Zukes Stirfy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
In my continuing endeavor to find uses for the three flavorless fillet mignon roasts I bought on sale for $6.49lb I thought a teriyaki stirfry just might work, and it surely did. I took two 3/4 pound steaks and some veggies and got busy with the blade.
DSCN2839.JPG
DSCN2840.JPG

Marinated the fillet beef in Yoshidas for a few hours, set to try out the new wok oil, then set up the wok on the patio
DSCN2846.JPG

DSCN2841.JPG

Veggies up first
DSCN2842.JPG

After a minute or two of tossing around dump in the marinated beef
DSCN2843.JPG

Done to perfection in a couple of minutes
DSCN2844.JPG

All set to rock with my favorite chopsticks. I like using them to show off because my wife can't.
DSCN2845.JPG

This stuff was just incredible, like eating some kind of meat candy! Jan's on a salad kick so the two big bowls I polished off by myself, was stuffed! So now I know these fillets are good for stirfry and cheesesteaks, when I want steak with some real beef flavor I'll have a ribeye or T-bone, and that's coming real soon. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks for lookin' in and y'all stay safe out there! RAY

Dang Ray I bet you were doing quite the happy dance after eating that! Looks delicious buddy!

Thanks John! If there's one thing that stands out about those fellows dancing around is that they are all................young! I can't say I've done any dancing since I was a little kid.
tenor.gif

Thanks for the Like amigo, I appreciate it. RAY

Oh man! I'd have to use a fork with that. I 'd hate to think I wasted any of that goodness with some chopsticks.
Jim

Great way to use up some of those tenderloins Ray! Your stir fry looks delicious, I could see why you ate two bowls of it. I think I got whiplash just looking at that. I picture Ray to be much more subdued.
View attachment 486908

Thanks Joe! I played 18 holes with Tiger when he was 12 years old. I shot a 81 and he beat me by eight strokes! To this day my partner and I say that was the round of golf that changed his life, we always thought he'd acknowledge it when slipping on another green jacket, never happened. RAY

Thanks Jim! That's the main reason I never make any rice to go with my stirfy, I'd need to use a spoon! Thanks for the Like Jim, I appreciate it. RAY

Wow Ray, absolutely fantastic looking meal right there. Glad you're finding uses for the tenderloins. Thankfully I'm down to just a few that I need to burn through. I did use a couple for cheese steaks last week as you did and when they are gone there will be no more...except for maybe making stir fry if I could get them for 6.99 a pound.

Oh man! I'd have to use a fork with that. I 'd hate to think I wasted any of that goodness with some chopsticks.

I'm with ya Jim. I'd have to use the fork also. The only way I'd waste it with chopsticks is by dropping it all over the floor :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Wow Ray, absolutely fantastic looking meal right there. Glad you're finding uses for the tenderloins. Thankfully I'm down to just a few that I need to burn through. I did use a couple for cheese steaks last week as you did and when they are gone there will be no more...except for maybe making stir fry if I could get them for 6.99 a pound. Robert

Thank you Robert! Maybe when one pays more than I did for beef tenderloin they come with some flavor, I don't know. I remember I used to cook them for my mama once a week and they always had great beef flavor, this stuff might as well be tofu, which I've actually never had. Thank you for the Like my friend, it is much appreciated. RAY

Looks excellant Ray!

Thanks Jim, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Ray that is just Fantastic I never had a bad fillet, Asparagus are one of my favorite Richie

Thank you Richie! It's not that the steaks I cut from the tenderloin roast are bad, there is just ZERO flavor. I'm wondering if it's the market I purchased them from, prior to this I always loved a good thick fillet mignon steak cooked rare-medium, was always a favorite. Asparagus here in AZ seems to have much better prices, probably due to being so close to Mexico. I've been buying real nice asparagus on sale for 69¢ - 99¢ a pound, far better than any price I ever paid when living in CA. Thanks for the Like Richie, I appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
How is that stir fry oil? I'd assume it's a neutral oil like peanut, seasoned with chiles and garlic

On the label it states "cottonseed oil infused with garlic, onion, and herbs for high-heat cooking" Hamdrew. I used get get stuff from Safeway that was labeled Wok Oil when we lived in CA, this is very similar, if not exactly the same stuff. I prefer it over using sesame oil. RAY

Professional quality my friend! I'd spoon any leftover rice, or dip Agedashi dofu (cornstarch coated baked/fried tofu) or shumai to "mix/dip/mop" the sauce.🍻

Thanks Wurstmeister! Cornstarch coated tofu is something that wouldn't much be happening around here, and of course I'm completely ignorant as to what shumai just might be. Jan's got some store-bought eggs rolls and pot stickers in the freezer, maybe I'll do a few of those for dippin' on the next effort! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: Hamdrew
Looks good . Those are great meals . I've been using the pettit tenders for stir fry . Nice cook ! I move like that every now and then . Never on purpose though .

Thank you Rich! I see great prices here at Fry's (Kroeger) on petite sirloins that'll most likely come into play once I run thru this load of fillets, $2.49lb. All that dancin' in my younger days was probably why I had to have both my hips replaced six years back, now I'd most likely just fall down. Thank you for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

On the label it states "cottonseed oil infused with garlic, onion, and herbs for high-heat cooking" Hamdrew. I used get get stuff from Safeway that was labeled Wok Oil when we lived in CA, this is very similar, if not exactly the same stuff. I prefer it over using sesame oil. RAY

Thanks Wurstmeister! Cornstarch coated tofu is something that wouldn't much be happening around here, and of course I'm completely ignorant as to what shumai just might be. Jan's got some store-bought eggs rolls and pot stickers in the freezer, maybe I'll do a few of those for dippin' on the next effort! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY
sesame oil is a seasoning, not meant to be fried in.

if you ever want to get cheap with it, you can just heat up whatever neutral oil, flash some chiles, garlic, leeks/onion, 5-spice, szechuan peppercorns etc. and fish them out so they don't burn. You can also make a big concentrated batch of chile/seasoning oil that will keep in the fridge, so you don't have to do that each time

[p.s. No matter how you feel about tofu, tofu fries are DELICIOUS! I prefer mine more korean with some kimchi and gochujang-seasoned soy sauce]

Ray, Eggrolls and pot stickers sounds great. Pot stickers/Shumai pretty about the same. Depends on ingredients (pork/shrimp, vegetable, etc) or how listed on the menu Shumai sounds more exotic than Pot Stickers, which means the resturant can charge you more for the same thing! 🍻

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky